Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Georgetown University
Program Associate - Institute for Reproductive Health (IRH)
The Program Associate will provide critical administrative support to several of the Institute's funded projects contributing to technical teams, including preparation, editing, and finalization of documents, budgets and work plans, processing requests for consultant and other procurement contracts to ensure timely delivery and payment of invoices, and management of staff travel to/from Washington, DC. S/he will also provide support (documents and translations) to several technical teams at headquarters including literature reviews, editing and formatting study instruments and development of PowerPoint presentations. S/he will conduct initial review of financial reports and follow up with field officers as an additional responsibility. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Contracts packet preparation; works with suppliers to complete required documents, prepares them for submission to Contracts & Operations Manager.
- Reviews invoices, prepares and submits payment requests for approval.
- Schedules, participates in project team meetings, creates agenda, takes notes, etc.
- Coordinates logistics for travel, meetings, etc. for the Project Team.
- Coordinates/formats reports for donor Task.
- Bachelor's Degree in international development, public health, public administration or related field, Master's degree a plus.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in health or international development.
- At least 2 years of budget and program management experience and at least 1 year of international program experience.
- Broad knowledge of international development
- French language skills required
- Ability to manage on-going responsibilities and prioritize tasks and assigned to ensure that timely deadlines are met and that the Institute's internal system is maintained
- Ability to work on a variety of teams and with a range of supervisors
- Excellent writing skills, proofing skills in English and French or Spanish (a plus), and attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate professionally with partners and represent the Institute at a variety of for a, including partner meetings and global conferences
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS ( gms.georgetown.edu ) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at or .
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call . For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website .
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law .