Security Officer - Full Time Evenings
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Adventist HealthCare
If you are a current Adventist HealthCare employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account. The security officer ensures that security policies and procedures are carried out in a timely fashion.
1. Ensures a safe environment for our patients, staff, visitors, physicians and volunteers
2. Ensures quality outcomes for security department by communicating effectively with security, staff and the public
3. Uses time and resources in a financially responsible manner
4. Fosters group cohesiveness within the security department
5. Portrays a positive image of the organization.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Previous security experience, preferably in a hospital setting.
• Must possess Maryland Driver's License
• Must qualify for a Maryland Special Police Commission (Clean Criminal History required)
Description of Working Conditions:
• Required to wear a uniform while on duty.
• Required to lift decedents on occasion
• Conducts foot patrols of the facility and parking areas.
• Conducts vehicular patrols of the parking areas and off site locations
• Assists with restraining violent patients
• Must be able to respond to physically demanding emergency calls
Full Time Evening shift
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.