Language Access Program Manager - Management Analyst II
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Fairfax County Government
Note: The salary for this position will not exceed the midpoint of the range.
The assigned functional areas are in court services, human services, program management, interpretation and translation services, human resources. Illustrative Duties (The illustrative duties listed in this specification are representative of the class but are not an all inclusive list. A complete list of position duties and unique physical requirements can be found in the position description.)
- Performs a wide-range of professional work in multiple administration functions within an organizational unit including analysis and project management;
- May supervise administrative and paraprofessional staff;
- Performs a variety of technical and professional work related to monitoring and reporting on departmental business processes, activities, and outcomes;
- Plans, develops, and implements comprehensive communication and education plans on programs and services for both county agencies and community organizations;
- Assists with developing and conducting special studies and research initiatives, by designing survey instruments, gathering data and information from department staff, developing data analysis tools, conducting statistical analyses, initiating literature reviews, etc.;
- Conducts analysis and reporting of quantitative and qualitative data in order to track and monitor various business process indicators;
- Serves as the point-person and liaison within the department and with central county departments regarding a designated program and functional areas of responsibility;
- Prepares reports and presentations of analysis and findings.
- Knowledge of the mission, goals and objectives of the organizational unit, program or activities to which incumbent is assigned;
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques relating to various functional areas of business operation (e.g., personnel, budgeting and financial management, contract administration and management);
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques governing management, organization, operations and programmatic services;
- Ability to identify and describe a range of possible solutions for solving business problems;
- Ability to apply research methods to design studies and assessments, and statistical analysis techniques to identify patterns and trends in data;
- Ability to use word processing and presentation software to prepare documents, and to use spreadsheet and statistical analysis software packages to store, manipulate, analyze and present data;
- Ability to train, lead, and/or supervise paraprofessional staff.
Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree in the field related to the assigned functional area; plus two years of professional work experience within the functional area.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
Must have a valid driver's license.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check, a check of the Child Protective Services Registry, and a driver's license check to the satisfaction of the employer.
Experience in program management and working with communities and groups where English is a second language. Direct experience working in a court setting or organization that has a close connection to the criminal justice system. Knowledge of the criminal justice system including court proceedings. Excellent written and oral communications skills and presentation experience before a variety of audiences. Experience in both professional verbal interpretation and translation of documents. Ability to supervise both professional level staff and volunteers effectively; work and make decisions independently with minimal supervision. Excellent organizational skills, with strong attention to detail. Must be capable of managing various matters on different priority levels and maintaining confidentiality of court and client information. The successful candidate will pass the County of Fairfax Multilingual Certification skills test for Spanish writing, speaking and listening.
Duties are generally sedentary, performed in an office and courtroom environment. Visual acuity is required to read data on computer monitor and the incumbent must be able to operate keyboard driven equipment. Physical requirements can be performed with or without accommodations.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact for assistance. TTY . EEO/AA/TTY.