Administrative Assistant II
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Fairfax County Government
JDRDC Mediation Program:
Provides clerical support to the Mediation program. Assists in all aspects of delivery of mediation services to English and non-English speaking clients with pending cases before the Juvenile & Domestic Relations District Court. Responsible for: facilitating all aspects of the mediation process; scheduling mediations both with clients and mediators and requesting interpreter services for clients; entering case information in an Access database and the JDRDC Document System and filing documents with the court, inputting and retrieval of information and documents using the Case Management System (CMS) inquiry, Juvenile and Domestic Relations Document Imaging System (JDIS), Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court Secure View System (JSVS), Balanced Approach Data Gathering Environment (BADGE), and the Juvenile Domestic Appointment Calendar (JDAC) scheduling system.
Domestic Relations Services:
Responsibilities include staffing the front counter, processing intake cases in the Balanced Approach Data Gathering Environment (BADGE) system. Communicates with county professionals and public clients. Maintains the Domestic Relations and Community Corrections appointment calendars to ensure the smooth daily functioning of workflow, Coordinates with clients and staff. Handles phone inquiries and provides information on a wide variety of intake issues. Provides a variety of legal documents and other general duties. Requests interpreter services for clients. Inputting, manipulating, and/or retrieving data using the Case Management System (CMS) inquiry, Juvenile and Domestic Relations Document Imaging System (JDIS), Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court Secure View System (JSVS), Balance Approach Data Gathering Environment (BADGE), Pre-trial and Community Corrections Case Management System (PTCC), and the Scheduling System. Requires knowledge of court process and procedures.
The salary offer for the position will not exceed the mid-point of the advertised salary range. The assigned functional areas are court services, administration, mediation or legal services. Illustrative Duties (The illustrative duties listed in this specification are representative of the class but are not an all-inclusive list. A complete list of position duties and unique physical requirements can be found in the position job description.)
General Financial Duties
- Prepares a variety of standard disbursement forms (e.g., work orders, petty cash) for routing and approval;
- Compiles and maintains daily and weekly totals, reports, and financial statements;
- Reconciles statements;
- Establishes, revises and maintains accounting documents and files.
- Performs data entry into corporate system, e.g., routine posting and billing.
- Reviews completed forms for accuracy and completeness;
- May perform inquiries in internal and external databases to determine discrepancies.
- Performs inquiries in Purchasing/Logistics Enterprise Resource Planning systems and/or Financial Enterprise Resource Planning systems;
- Performs basic calculations.
- Orders, inventories, receives, and/or shelves routine supplies;
- Reviews invoices/packing slips to ensure shipment is correct and follows up on
- Tracks expenditures.
- Notifies all participants of meetings and other functions in advance;
- Schedules routine meetings.
- Produces and electronically distributes simple documents (e.g., flyers).
- Maintains a system for tracking the progress of work;
- Orients new employees on procedures and systems.
- Performs alpha and/or numeric filing;
- Performs simple screening and sorting of mail;
- Is responsible for sending dated material.
- Refers calls;
- Greet visitors;
- Gives standard information in response to phone or in-person inquiries;
- Acts as back up to other administrative positions.
- Keys/types form letters, labels, simple documents and correspondence;
- Proofs spelling.
- Performs data entry into multiple screens.
- Verifies employment on a countywide basis;
- Inputs simple or occasional Human Capital Management Enterprise Resource Planning system entries, with review of supervisor (e.g., simple T&A).
- Types forms;
- Updates personnel data;
- Sets up agency personnel files;
- Prints out and distributes personnel documents;
- Files critical records (e.g., performance evaluations, PARS).
- Knowledge of a variety of standard office procedures;
- Knowledge of specific unit terminology;
- Knowledge of work done in related departments.
- Ability to read and comprehend relevant documents.
- Ability to process and integrate simple data.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both external and internal contacts.
- Ability to perform inquiries in Purchasing/Logistics Enterprise Resource Planning systems and/or Financial Enterprise Resource Planning systems.
- Understanding of the basic PRISM functions;
- Ability to perform inquiries (e.g., check personnel data) in Human Capital Management Enterprise Resource Planning system.
- Basic skills in the use of Microsoft Word.
- Basic skills in the use of applicable Microsoft software.
Any combination of education, experience and training equivalent to high school graduation and one year of experience providing administrative support.
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES:
Must have a valid driver's licenses.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check, a check of the Child Protective Services Registry, and a driver's license check to the satisfaction of the employer.
Prior administrative support experience in a court services office. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work and make decisions independently with minimal supervision. Experience in using multi-line telephone and providing customer service in high volume environment. Requires knowledge of court process and procedures. Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with a diverse clientele of different ethnicities and socioeconomic statuses. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both external and internal contacts. Bilingual in Spanish and English. Prefer an intermediate to advance knowledge in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access and SharePoint.
Job is generally sedentary in nature; however, incumbent must be able to lift/move up to 15 pounds. Visual acuity is required to read data on computer monitor and the incumbent must be able to operate keyboard driven equipment. Duties may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact for assistance. TTY . EEO/AA/TTY.