Clinical Lab Scientist
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Mercy Hospital Bakersfield
Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Hospitals have a history of caring for our community that goes back more than 100 years. We provide a broad range of medical and surgical services including minimally invasive and outpatient options. Our family of services includes the area's only inpatient oncology unit, the Orthopedic, Spine, and Hand Center, Family Birth Center, the Lactation Support Center and retail store, and many others. Mercy Hospital Downtown is a 194-bed facility located in downtown Bakersfield. Mercy Hospital Southwest is a 78-bed facility and the only hospital located in the rapidly growing area west of Highway 99. Mercy Hospital is a member of Dignity Health and is a trusted community partner, serving residents of Bakersfield and Kern County with quality, compassionate care since 1910. Learn more at
Under the direction of the Laboratory Supervisor, CLS performs moderate and high complexity testing in areas of Blood Bank, Chemistry, Coagulation, Hematology, Microbiology, Serology and Urinalysis following established laboratory procedures for specimen handling, processing, analysis and result reporting for patient specimens. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist may be required to rotate in other departments, work weekends and Holidays and cover other shifts as supervisor determines need.
- CA Clinical Lab Scientist
- Must have the ability to speak, read and write English
- One year acute care hospital experience preferred.
- Above average communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt to workload demands and function efficiently during difficult or emergency situations.
- Ability to maintain and operate laboratory equipment.
- Familiarity with medical terminology, basic computer terminology and data entry skills.
- Ability to perform arterial, venous and capillary punctures.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.