Clinical Lab Scientist
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Mercy Hospital Folsom
Dignity Health Mercy Hospital of Folsom is the community hospital serving the Sierra foothills communities of Folsom, El Dorado Hills, Granite Bay, Cameron Park, Shingle Springs and Rescue. With 106 licensed acute-care beds, and a physician staff of nearly 500, our accredited, non-profit hospital has been providing exceptional care for more than 35 years. Mercy Hospital of Folsom provides surgical services including minimally-invasive general, urological and gynecological surgeries. Additionally, Mercy Hospital of Folsom provides comprehensive and award-winning orthopedic services, which include surgery, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation and specialty orthopedic care. In 2016, Mercy Hospital of Folsom was one of 12 Dignity Health hospitals recognized by the The Joint Commission as a Top Performer for Key Quality Measures.
The Clinical Lab Scientist will perform chemical, microscopic, and/or bacteriologic tests and verify results for use in the diagnosis and/or treatment of disease and demonstrate competency in patient testing for neonate, pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Bachelor's Degree and 1+ year internship in a hospital clinical laboratory.
- Knowledge of: modern clinical laboratory techniques and procedures, aseptic technique and proper safe technique in the handling of hazardous materials and biological specimens.
- Ability to trouble-shoot procedures and instrumentation and problem-solve effectively.
- Candidates must have a CLS.
- Major in a biological science is preferred.
Internship in a hospital clinical laboratory. 1 year Demonstrated knowledge of modern clinical laboratory techniques and procedures, aseptic technique and proper safe technique in the handling of hazardous materials and biological specimens. Ability to trouble-shoot procedures and instrumentation and problem-solve effectively.