Clinical Lab Scientist
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Bakersfield Memorial Hospital
Bakersfield Memorial Hospital is a 426 bed acute care medical center offering a full range of services including the Sarvanand Heart and Brain Center, Grossman Burn Center at Memorial Hospital, expanded maternity and family care, the Lauren Small Children's Center, orthopedic services, wound care center, 24-hour emergency care and general/outpatient surgery. Memorial Hospital is a Children's Miracle Network Hospital and is home to the Bakersfield Ronald McDonald House. Memorial Hospital is a member of Dignity Health and is a trusted community partner, serving residents of Bakersfield and Kern County with quality, compassionate care since 1956. Learn more by visiting Bakersfield Memorial Hospital .
Under the direction of the Laboratory Supervisor, CLS, performs moderate and high complexity testing in areas of Blood Bank, Chemistry, Coagulation, Hematology, Microbiology, Serology and Urinalysis following established laboratory procedures for specimen handling, processing, analysis and result reporting for patient specimens. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist may be required to rotate in other departments, work weekends and Holidays and cover other shifts as supervisor determines need.
- CA CLS
- Education level necessary to obtain required licensure and certifications
- One year acute care hospital experience preferred.
- Above average communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt to workload demands and function efficiently during difficult or emergency situations.
- Ability to maintain and operate laboratory equipment.
- Must have medical terminology, basic computer terminology and data entry skills.
Mercy Hospital Bakersfield
Mercy Medical Center Merced
Arroyo Grande Community Hospital
Saint Marys Medical Center
Mercy Hospital Folsom
Saint Francis Hospital
St Josephs Medical Center
Dominican Hospital - Santa Cruz
French Hospital Medical Center
Mark Twain Medical Center