Clinical Lab Scientist II
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Mercy Medical Center Redding
Mercy Medical Center Redding offers comprehensive health care to nearly 300,000 residents in a six-county region. Mercy Medical Center Redding is an award-winning 267-bed regional medical center providing inpatient and outpatient services as well as specialized cardiovascular care, stroke care, orthopedics, neurological surgery, comprehensive cancer care, maternity care, and da Vinci robotic surgery. It is one of only two Level II trauma centers north of Sacramento and houses the only Community Level III neonatal ICU in Shasta County. In addition, the hospital's network of care includes Mercy Home Health and Hospice, Golden Umbrella Adult Day Health Care, and Shasta Senior Nutrition Program. Mercy Medical Center Redding is a member of the Dignity Health system of health care providers and are a sister facility to St. Elizabeth Community Hospital in Red Bluff and Mercy Medical Center Mt. Shasta. Visit to learn more.
The incumbent performs technical work of considerable difficulty, primarily in testing patient samples through various chemical, microscopic, serological, and bacteriologic techniques, requiring a significant amount of independent judgment while operating and maintaining automated equipment. The incumbent is also responsible for daily workflow to ensure timely and efficient departmental operations. The incumbent assists in ensuring regulatory compliance standards are met to comply with state and accrediting agency requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in one of the chemical, physical or biological sciences required
- Current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license required
- Recent clinical laboratory experience required
- Basic computer skills, ability to read and follow written instructions (i.e., policies and procedures) as well as understand and adhere to verbal directions required
- Ability to write policy and procedures as well as communicate verbal directions effectively required
- Above average communication, organizational skills, mathematical aptitude for computations, standard formulas, and precise measurements and ability to adapt to workload demands required
- Ability to remain clam and function efficiently during difficult or emergency situations required
- Advanced degree in a related field preferred
- Experience in an acute care hospital preferred
- Registration with a national professional organization (AABB, ASCP, NCA) and knowledge of medical terminology preferred