Clinical Lab Scientist II - Microbiology
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by St Johns Regional Medical Center
Welcome to St. John's Regional Medical Center!
At Dignity Health, we believe in the healing power of kindness. Since 1912, we have been giving something forward to the people of Oxnard, California. St. John's Regional Medical Center is a 266-bed facility employing more than 1,200 caring professionals and a medical staff of more than 600 active physicians. We offer a 23-bed acute rehabilitation center, and provide a wide array of programs and services that include oncology, cardiovascular, maternity care, orthopedic, weight loss surgery, spinal disease treatment, community outreach and more.
Our passion for inspiring a stronger, healthier world compels us to lead with our hearts as we serve the community of Oxnard. One of the most beautiful areas in the country, Oxnard is nestled between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara, and offers residents spectacular beaches, clean air and open spaces, as well as easy access to California wine country. We invite you to join us in delivering humankindness, one person at time.
In keeping with the Dignity Health core values, a CLS II performs routine and complex testing in multiple areas of the clinical laboratory in a timely manner with a minimum of direct supervision. Provides training and technical assistance for coworkers. Monitors and evaluates quality control for testing performed. Performs routing maintenance and repair on instruments utilized.
This position is represented by SEIU-UHW and is covered by the terms and conditions of the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
- Requires two (2) years clinical laboratory experience as a medical technologist
- California Medical Technologist license required
- Must have the ability to work without direct supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to be an effective team member, and work with many publics across all departments
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of principles, procedures and techniques of clinical laboratory analysis