Pediatrics Physical Therapist
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Mercy Medical Center Redding
Mercy Medical Center Redding offers comprehensive health care to nearly 300,000 residents in a six-county region. Mercy Medical Center Redding is an award-winning 267-bed regional medical center providing inpatient and outpatient services as well as specialized cardiovascular care, stroke care, orthopedics, neurological surgery, comprehensive cancer care, maternity care, and da Vinci robotic surgery. It is one of only two Level II trauma centers north of Sacramento and houses the only Community Level III neonatal ICU in Shasta County. In addition, the hospital's network of care includes Mercy Home Health and Hospice, Golden Umbrella Adult Day Health Care, and Shasta Senior Nutrition Program. Mercy Medical Center Redding is a member of the Dignity Health system of health care providers and are a sister facility to St. Elizabeth Community Hospital in Red Bluff and Mercy Medical Center Mt. Shasta. Visit to learn more.
The incumbent performs initial evaluations for newly referred patients to determine the primary and secondary problems involved, to collect baseline data regarding findings of tests and measurements and other appropriate factors, and to determine the appropriateness of the prescribed care. The incumbent also develops a patient treatment plan, to establish goals and carry out the treatment plan to ensure proper patient care.
- Graduation from an APTA-approved school of physical therapy required
- Current California PT license required (or evidence that application for licensure has been accepted)
- One (1) year of experience in pediatric physical therapy required (if providing independent case coverage)
- Ability to perform duties and make decisions in stressful situations and prioritize patient needs and other duties required
- Current BLS certification required (must be certified through the American Heart Association)