Director of Rehab Services
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Mercy Medical Center Merced
Mercy Medical Center (MMC), a Dignity Health member, is a 186 bed acute care, religious sponsored, not-for-profit hospital located in the city of Merced, California. MMC opened on May 2, 2010 and employs over 1,300 people, making it one of the largest employees in Merced County. MMC has a professional relationship with more than 250 local physicians. Major programs and services include: one licensed acute care facility with a family birthing center, intensive care unit, emergency care and four floors housing, telemetry and medical/surgical nursing units. There are three outpatient facilities, Mercy UC Davis Cancer Center, Mercy Outpatient Center and the Mercy Medical Pavilion. Services at these outpatient centers include home care, physical and cardiac rehabilitation, ambulatory surgery, cancer care, laboratory, imaging and endoscopy. MMC primary service area includes the cities of Merced, Atwater, Winton and the County of Merced.
Oversees rehabilitative services and is accountable for ensuring clinical standards are met. Directs a variety of tasks that lead to a high level of customer satisfaction in the most cost effective manner, including being responsible for the clinical supervision of Physical, Occupational and/or Speech Therapies.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Leads the development of departmental objectives and integration of services in support of hospital's mission and vision and in alignment with hospital's strategic business direction by collaborating with others to create and execute integrated business plans; identifies short and long range goals as well as desired outcome measures and develops a plan of implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluating.
- Assesses and improves the quality of patient care and services provided to assure high standards on a continual basis, ensuring the development, implementation and monitoring of Performance Improvement activities; ensures that the patient care units and services are in compliance with The Joint Commission, Federal and State regulations and professional organization standards and that quality control programs are maintained as appropriate.
- Develops and monitors departmental budget and all related expenditures including recommendations of a sufficient number of qualified and competent staff, space and other resource needs ensuring maximization of resources, efficiency and cost-effectiveness of patient care operations.
- Recruits, orients, trains, coaches, mentors and retains department supervisors and/or managers based upon periodic competency assessment, identified job expectations/responsibilities, and encouraging professional/educational growth and opportunities; ensures through the department supervisors and staff that needs of patients are met through coordination and collaboration with other hospital and management staff.
Education and Experience:
- Master's Degree in business or healthcare-related field or a combination of education and/or additional job related experience in lieu of the degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years of varied clinical experience and three (3) years of supervisory experience in a rehab setting; and previous experience in facility-wide integration and collaboration.