Insurance Claims Adjuster - Homeowners (Central PA)
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by The Philadelphia Contributionship
The Philadelphia Contributionship is the oldest successful property and casualty insurance company in the United States, having been founded by Ben Franklin in 1752. We write homeowners insurance in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. We have an A (Excellent) rating from A.M. Best and have been consistently recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in the Philadelphia area.
We currently have an opening for a Field Property Claim Rep. This position is responsible for the outside adjustment and settlement of first party property losses. Territory will be in the Central, PA area with a focus on Lancaster and Berks counties. This is a full time position, which includes a complete benefits package, a company car and participation in our annual bonus program. We are seeking to hire a representative who lives in the territory since the majority of time will be spent adjusting claims in that area with occasional need to report to our Philadelphia headquarters for meetings.
Responsibilities of a Field Property Claim Rep:
· Travels to loss sites and Investigates losses by interviewing the insured and examining the damage. Takes statements if necessary.
· Writes and prepares damage estimates to determine the fair value of losses within authority.
· Sets accurate case reserves in accordance with company procedures and adheres to the established claim adjustment standards, along with individual goals/expectations.
· Prepares a variety of forms pertinent to loss payments and file documentation.
· Processes and records all salvage/subrogation opportunities on all assigned losses.
· Develops and maintains working relationships with vendors in the construction/repair industry.
· Handles third party liability field investigations as directed.
· Evaluates and settles all claims within settlement authority.
National Health Rehabilitation, LLC