IoT Systems Engineer
Posted on Nov 27, 2018 by Johnson & Johnson
IoT Systems Engineer(Job Number: )
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for an IoT Systems Engineer. This position can be located at any J&J operating site. However, a strong preference will be given to those located in Cincinnati, OH or Somerville, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Medical Devices represents more than 60 manufacturing sites and 26,000 employees who plan, source, manufacture and deliver high-quality and cost-effective medical products to our customers around the globe each day. Work of the MD organization supports a multitude of product platforms, new products and delivery systems that are used in a wide range of procedures throughout the healthcare industry, including interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, minimally invasive surgery, hospital sterilization, clinical laboratory testing, diabetes management, joint replacement surgery and vision care.
If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The IT R&D Product Innovation group's mission is to reach more patients and restore more lives by innovating and enhancing Johnson & Johnson's medical device products. We are looking for a talented IoT Systems Engineer to drive our new Internet of Things (IoT) capabilities. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset, excellent communication skills, and comfortable presenting to R&D software engineer. The candidate can manage complex systems with interlinking dependencies across multiple IoT solutions, passionate about solving complex problems, and disciplined in best practice design disciplines. We invite you to become part of a team that is breaking new ground in the ways J&J builds IoT solutions.
• Utilize system thinking principals to organize the interlinking requirements and software modules that encompass the IoT solutions
• Collect, maintain, and manage requirements and traceability for IoT features , quality and compliance, patient data privacy, and cybersecurity to ensure the delivery of robust and compliant solutions.
• Work with the platform Verification & Validation leader to shape the testing strategies to qualify the solution(s)
• Identify and manage the "external standards" qualifications required for hospital environments as required
• Collaborate with J&J privacy experts to collect, manage, and drive strategies to comply with international patient data privacy laws such as High Trust, HIPPA, GDPR, etc.
• Create and institute new design processes to ensure best engineering practices are followed across the team
• Create and maintain risk management plans and FMEAs
• Work with medical device software engineers to identity the engineering requirements and traceability artifacts required for the design history file of the medical device
• Collaborate across the J&J matrix to define and deliver IoT capabilities
• Partner with the R&D Product Development organizations to understand their IoT needs, help prioritize investments, develop use cases, generate processes, and develop overall solution requirements including application definition, integration, security, and system configurations
• Bachelor Degree in IT or any related Engineering field is required
• Masters Degree in IT or any related Engineering field is preferred
• Minimum of 5 years IT/R&D work experience in the medical device industry is required
• Strong knowledge of software development or engineering processes is required
• Minimum of 5 years experience leading and managing software based projects as a Systems Engineer is required
• Demonstrable project experience managing requirements, traceability, and risk management is required
• Demonstrable IoT project experience preferred
• Ability to manage the low-level details of a project while understanding the bigger picture of the IT strategy is required
• With little supervision, must be able to define, shape, and drive projects to completion while effectively collaborating strategically with others is required
• Experience with FDA Design controls (IEC 62304) or GxP projects is required
• Experience creating and managing Failure Mode effects Analysis (FMEAs) is required
• Experience creating and managing software change control processes is required
• Up to 20% travel, domestic and international is required
• This position can be located at any J&J operating site. However, a strong preference will be given to those located in Somerville, NJ or Cincinnati, OH
North America-United States-Ohio-Cincinnati
Other Location: North America-United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)