Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by HealthPRO Management Services, LLC
School Psychologist, Pediatric School Based Therapy
Join our Pediatric School Based Team, and use your passion Psychology to help make a difference in a child's life!
- School Psychologist position available to begin ASAP!
- Round Rock area of Texas
- Full Time / 7 Hours daily / 35 hours weekly
- 1-3 Schools / K-12 th Grade
We value our associates and their dedication to our mission of making a difference in a child's life. That is why we make it a priority to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development
- Continuing Education and more!
HealthPRO®/Heritage is a national leading provider of highly skilled School Psychologists and educators. We hire Psychologists who share our vision, work diligently, and provide best practices in psychology that will change children's lives for the better. If you are a passionate, talented School Psychologist who wants to help children across the country, then maybe it is time to look at our company.
The primary purpose of the School Psychologist position is diagnostic assessment and therapeutic treatment of pediatric students in a school setting. The goal is to help students who demonstrate emotional challenges reach their maximum performance potential within an educational model of practice.
- Must hold ESA from the state of residence office of Superintendent of Public Instruction or
- NCSP Certificate issued after December 31, 1991 by the National School Psychology Certification Board.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional development
- Consult and collaborate with School staff and families in regards to students' psychological needs
- Conduct initial screenings as well as comprehensive evaluations in the area of social and emotional well-being to determine students' need for services or need of dismissal from services
- Participate in the IEP process in developing present levels of performance, goals and objectives, and treatment recommendations for students qualifying for Psychological services
- Provide Psychology sessions through the use of current best practices based on prescribed services in the IEP
- Maintain all documentation required by the district and ASHA's code of ethics including, but not limited to, daily notes, monthly summaries, and annual IEP's
Looking forward to speaking with you!
Kerri Ann Kerley, Recruitment - Pediatric Division, School Team
• Serve as a member of interdisciplinary teams to address needs of at-risk students and to serve the needs of students with disabilities through the special education assessment, eligibility, and placement process;
• Communicate results of psychological evaluations to parents, teachers, and others so that they can understand the nature of the students difficulties and how to better serve the students needs;
• Intervene directly with students and families through individual counseling, support groups, and skills training;
• Engage in crisis prevention and intervention services;
• Work with a wide range of student emotional and academic issues;
• May serve one or multiple schools in a school district or work for a community mental health center and/or in a university setting
• School Psychologist certification from an accredited program.
• Expected to have a thorough knowledge of Federal and State School Psychologist regulations.
• 1 year of supervised experience in the past 3 years
• Eligible for valid certification from the State Education Professional Standards Board as a School Psychologist.
• School district experience preferred
• Demonstrated ability to provide psychological counseling for children and families