Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Sodexo
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Chef Manager for a campus dining service unit in Tulsa, OK. This position will assist the Executive Chef in overseeing food production operations for the main dining hall kitchen that services 800 seats and 2,000 students on a university meal plan. They will also assist in product purchasing, inventory count and control as well as hiring, development training in HACCP controls, and shift scheduling 40-50 hourly employees. This person will be expected to assist in developing weekly menu cycles and to coordinate with the campus dietitian regarding any food preparations and/or requirements to best serve those students approved for special dietary needs. The Chef Manager will also be expected to maintain food and labor production budget requirements, participate in special event planning and event execution as well as take over all culinary aspects of the unit when the Executive Chef is away from the operations.
Is this opportunity right for you?
Are you an experienced chef ready to take your career to the next level? At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is preferred.
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- previous experience working in a high volume facility; and
- strong management skills.
Responsible for the day to day execution of the menus & culinary deliverables. May be responsible for smaller units within a multi-location.
- Executes the culinary function.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Handles administrative functions.