Engineer in Training - Field Support (January 2019)
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Rockwell Automation
The Engineer In Training (EIT) program is an entry-level program for engineers to learn core Rockwell Automation product technologies and to develop fundamental field support engineering skills. This program prepares recent engineering graduates from around the world to be Field Support Engineers who provide engineering services to support the installation, start-up, maintenance and operation of automation control systems, drive systems, manufacturing systems, and industrial networks for Rockwell Automation's customers.
The program includes a combination of formal classroom training and work assignments to give engineers hands-on experience with Rockwell Automation's products and technologies. Training focuses on both technical and leadership competencies.
Program participants will have a high level of interaction with Rockwell Automation's leaders and will receive many opportunities to build their professional network.
Upon completion of the training program, engineers are assigned to field offices across the U.S.
Once participants have relocated to their field assignment as Field Support Engineers, they are responsible for:
- Product and system start-up, system integration support, and production optimization.
- Identification and correction of hardware failures, firmware problems and programming deficiencies, and the implementation of hardware/firmware updates and upgrades.
- Instruction/training of customers on proper use, operation and maintenance.
- Development, implementation and execution of predictive and preventive maintenance programs.
- Technical assistance for sales presentations to customers. This may include product demonstrations at Rockwell Automation sales offices, customer's facilities and trade shows.
- Consultation regarding the application of products, technologies, manufacturing processes and industry-specific applications.
- Provide project and site management support including management of project activities such as scheduling, budgeting and managing human resources deployed to the project.
- On-call emergency service support, remote diagnosis and troubleshooting assistance (24X7).
Travel to work sites remote from the service engineer's field office city location will also be required. (Work assignments at remote city locations may be for extended periods of time.)
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in one of the following majors: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Software Engineering, Aerospace Engineering
- Permanently eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Willing and able to relocate throughout the United States as required
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Must possess a valid U.S. driver's license
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Previous Rockwell Automation experience
- Previous relevant experience in an Internship/Co-Op
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Prior experience utilizing programmable controllers, numerical controls, computers or motor controls and drives in industrial automation control systems is strongly preferred
Control Products and Solutions
Corporate, Engineering and Technicians, Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.