Engineer in Training - Network Engineer (June 2019)
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Rockwell Automation
The Engineer In Training (EIT) program is an entry-level program for engineers to learn core Rockwell Automation product technologies and to develop fundamental engineering skills for use in customer facing activities. This program prepares recent engineering graduates from around the world to be cross functional, highly technical resources that provide engineering services to support the installation, start-up, maintenance and operation of automation control systems, drive systems, manufacturing systems, and industrial communication networks for Rockwell Automation's customers.
The program includes a combination of formal classroom training and work assignments to give engineers hands-on experience with Rockwell Automation's products and technologies. Training focuses on both technical and commercial competencies.
Program participants will have a high level of interaction with Rockwell Automation leadership and will receive many opportunities to build their professional network.
Upon completion of the 6 month intensive training program, engineers are assigned to various different business units and field offices across North America.
Once participants have relocated to their field assignment as successful EIT graduates, they are responsible for a subset of the following tailored to their specific business:
On-site Technical Assessments:
- Troubleshooting Services for Critical Customer Operations (Field Service Engineer)
- Machine Hazard / Safety Evaluations (Safety Consulting Engineer)
- Network Evaluations (Network & Security Services Engineer)
Engineering Design Support:
- Troubleshooting and Remediation Services
- Implementation and Execution of Networks or Safety Solutions
- Provide Technical Assistance for Pre-Sales Activities with Customers
EOE, M/F/Disabled Vet
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Technology with a minimum 2.75 GPA.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis without visa sponsorship and must be geographically flexible. Relocation is an essential part of the program.
- Candidates must have no geographical limitations. Candidates attend six months of formal training in Cleveland, Ohio at the onset of the program.
- Successful candidates must possess exemplary problem solving and analytical skills, have the ambition and ability to work independently as well as within a team, have strong communication skills, and possess excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Successful candidates must be able and willing to travel and work at customer sites, and must be available to work overtime, weekends and holidays to meet customer requirements. Work environments include industrial production plants, ships, rigs, etc., which may require climbing, working in confined spaces and other diverse industrial work locations.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Previous Internship or Co-op experience a plus.
- Prior experience utilizing programmable controllers, numerical controls, computers or motor controls and drives in industrial automation control systems is strongly preferred.
- Preferred cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
Control Products and Solutions
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.