Engineer in Training - Systems & Solutions Business (June 2019)
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Rockwell Automation
The Engineer Associate will be developed in order to support customers in a particular vertical industry, Local Solutions Center (LSC) or Field Engineering assignment within SSB. In the Vertical Industry Center or the Local Solution Center this position develops into being responsible for the design and implementation of systems - working in a project team environment, supporting the project throughout the life cycle. Field Engineering assignments would be part of a customer-site startup team.
- Provides updates to project manager or Engineering Lead pertaining to status of activities, performance to schedule and performance to budget for self and other less-experienced engineers.
- Participates in proposal development activities.
- Performs detailed system design and implementation of systems and system components.
- May serve as a technical interface with the external and internal customers for assigned projects or assignments.
- Performs testing of equipment under the supervision of Sr. Engineer
- Participates in design reviews on all assigned projects.
- Supports an environment conducive to successful team interaction
- Interacts with various internal/external groups in support of project efforts.
- Obtains product technical information from other business units of Rockwell Automation and vendors as required.
- Supports an environment conducive to customer satisfaction.
- Builds relationships at the technical level of Rockwell customers.
- Responsible for meeting project schedule, engineering hour budgets, and customer satisfaction targets for own activities in support of the team.
- May provide support of proposal efforts or customer presentations
- Always operates under all electrical safety guidelines.
- Completes all necessary required training for location (solution center, field safety, etc.) and maintains this certification.
- Responsible for following all applicable corporate, company, governmental and regulatory policies and procedures as appropriate for this position
EOE, M/F/Disabled Vet
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in one of the following majors: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science/Technology, Information Science/Technology, and Aerospace Engineering.
- Permanently eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Willing and able to relocate throughout the United States as required
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Previous Rockwell Automation experience
- Previous relevant experience in an Internship/Co-Op
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Prior experience utilizing programmable controllers, numerical controls, computers or motor controls and drives in industrial automation control systems is strongly preferred
Control Products and Solutions
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.