Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Sodexo
Sodexo's School Division is seeking a Registered Dietitian (32 hours/week) for Queen Anne's and Talbot County Public Schools in Maryland. This School Dietitian will be responsible for the nutritional component of our food service programs for 23 sites; some responsibilities include menu planning, special dietary planning needs, nutritional presentations, engagement and contact with school nurses. We are seeking someone with high energy who can be a key contributor and innovator to drive new opportunities for students, staff, and the entire workforce such as athletic dinner tables, employee wellness etc. This position will work 32 hours/week over a 10-month period.
Reporting to the General Manager, this individual will:
- Be responsible for menu planning and nutritional analysis
- Provide nutrition promotion and education to students in the classroom, faculty and kitchen staff
- Be responsible for all special diets required by the district and work closely with school nurses, students and families
- Assure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations as it relates to school nutrition
- Oversee production training and completion of records
- Be a Registered Dietitian and/or eligible for license in the state of MD
To learn more about what Sodexo has to offer Registered Dietitians and view open positions, go to our Clinical Microsite:_
Responsible for providing direct comprehensive nutrition services
-Directs nutrition care of special needs population to ensure nutrition needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments..