Inventory Control Clerk
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Penske
Penske Logistics is looking for an Inventory Clerk to become part of an excellent team servicing the largest grocery store chain in the nation. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are safety conscious and have a pleasant and outgoing attitude who want to excel in a warehouse environment. Our associates enjoy PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, 401K with company match and numerous Associate Discounts!
Employees under the direction of the inventory control manager will assist in keeping an accurate inventory ensuring the system inventory in the WMS matches the physical inventory stored at the facility.
- Ensuring system count matches physical inventory
- Resolve discrepancies at location and pallet level
- Look for missing product in storage locations
- Update WMS to match physical through various methods
- Analyze reports to identify rotation issues
- Ensure rotation physically moved as required
- Accurately receive inventory
- Work with checkers to ensure accurate receipt of inventory
- Audit inbound receipts, both physically and through receipt documentations
- Accurately input required data elements into WMS and various other applications
- Manage unsalable inventory to resolution
- Accurately document information on product recalls, including physically segregating as required.
- Work with procurement on product expiration and product holds to final resolution
- Accurately record dump / donate and other product dispositions
- Manage inventory adjustments as required
- Ensure that appropriate adjustment methods are utilized in inventory manipulation
- Ensure appropriate signage accurately located in distribution center
- Organize warehouse to efficiently store and pick product
- Maintain accurate storage logic as developed with industrial engineer
- Slot new items daily maintaining optimal locations and pick patterns
- Work with inventory management to document and train inventory procedures to warehouse operations
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels between offsite storage and DC to maintain service level.
- Analyze inbound purchase orders and determine best candidates for outside storage to minimize outside storage cost
- Maintain accurate reporting on outside storage process
- Perform all other tasks as assigned by management