Registered Dietitian 2
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Sodexo
Sodexo is seeking a Registered Dietitian with at least 1-2 years experience for LewisGale Medical Center located in Salem, Virginia. Salem is adjacent to Roanoke, Virginia in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
LewisGale Medical Center is a 521-bed community hospital that specializes in heart and vascular care-including the latest advanced technology available through our designated Heart Center-as well as orthopedics and spine care, services for mental and behavioral health and cancer care.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A Registered clinical dietitian with at least 1-2 years experience in acute care and ICU experience a plus.
- Flexible, reliable, knowledgeable collaboratively work with a team of dietitians
- Responsible for performing screens, assessments, education and documentation utilizing Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) guidelines, EMR documentation according to current standards, uphold regulatory standards, and evidence-based medicine,
- Working in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team and in area, unit and clinical program meetings, committees and other relevant activities.
- Acting as a community and clinical educator performing presentations on nutrition topics as requested
- Involved as a clinical instructor/preceptor for dietetic interns for new hires, interns and peers according to established guidelines
To learn more:
Responsible for providing direct comprehensive nutrition services
-Directs nutrition care of special needs population to ensure nutrition needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments..