Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by Sodexo
Sodexo is seeking a Chef Manager for Wexford House in Kingsport, TN. Wexford House is a long term care facilty within a large hospital system with licensed beds of 176 and has a five star rating on Medicare. Will be responsible for managed volume of under 1 million dollars and 15 employees.
Ideal Candidate Skills / Certification:
Servsafe Certified and knowledge of HACCP monitors
1-2 years food service management experience
Computer skills to work in Food & Labor Management Systems
Culinary background and management experience ideally in a Healthcare environment and/or contract management experience
Is this opportunity right for you?
Are you an experienced chef ready to take your career to the next level? At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is preferred.
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- previous experience working in a high volume facility; and
- strong management skills.
Responsible for the day to day execution of the menus & culinary deliverables. May be responsible for smaller units within a multi-location.
- Executes the culinary function.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Handles administrative functions.