Entry Level Diesel Mechanic
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Waste Connections, Inc.
Job TitleEntry Level Diesel Mechanic
Requisition Primary LocationTampa, Florida
We are looking for a high energy Entry Level Tech to join the team in Tampa, FL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services.
- Complete required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Typical schedule is Monday-Friday, occasional Saturdays as needed. 45 hours a week average.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 0-2 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Vetera n.