Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Waste Connections, Inc.
Requisition Primary LocationEugene, Oregon
Sanipac, a Waste Connections company, has an immediate position available for a Welder / Fabricator for our location in Eugene, OR. In this position you will wear a few different hats but main duties will include welding, fabricating and compactor repair This is a full time, long term position with a great company. If you don't mind getting your hands dirty and are a self-motivated, hardworking individual with good communication skills, we want to talk to you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform welding and repair of trash/compactor containers, compactor repairs and trash trucks metal repair in our fleet.
- P erform off-site compactor installs/repairs.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate and OSHA standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks and work as a team.
- Typical schedule is days Monday-Friday, and an occasional Saturday as needed.
- This is a Union position in a fast paced shop with high expectations.
- Pay is $16.73 per hour to start, but can go higher (depending on experience) for the candidate who is the best fit.
- Includes Teamsters benefits package that includes, Medical, Dental, Vision and Retiree Plan.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair containers in the yard. Usually well-lighted and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to obtain a Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement within 6 mos
- Ability to drive a forklift and Class B CDL trucks
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experienced in Stick and MIG welding and using a cutting torch.
- Experience is a plus as is a working knowledge of hydraulics.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans).