Coord, Pt Financial Svcs
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Western Reserve Hospital
Extensive utilization of the various system tools available to ensure accurate and timely patient financial information is in place. Collects and verifies demographic information, insurance coverage and referring physician data for the service line. Provide financial counseling services to patients. Works with insurance companies to ensure proper and timely payments for all related service line services and acts as an advocate for the patient when billing problems occur.
1. Education and Training
* Associates degree in business or closely related field preferred.
* Two (2) years of related financial experience can substitute for degree requirement.
* Two (2) years experience in medical insurance verification and other hospital finance areas.
* Knowledge of verification requirements for Medicare, Medicaid, commercial insurance, managed care plans, workers compensation and other third party payers
* Experience in patient advocacy preferred.
3. Other Skills, Competencies and Qualifications
* Strong analytical and financial assessment abilities as well as the ability to maintain a close attention to a variety of details required in order to perform duties efficiently.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
* Ability to pass medical terminology test administered by HR.
* Ability to pass data entry Alpha numeric test administered by HR.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
* Windows based PC experience and the ability to operate facsimile and other related office equipment.