Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by Carnival Entertainment
Please read and acknowledge the information below regarding the position and audition process. Minimal age for this position is 18.
We will add your email address to our newsletter subscriber list. You may unsubscribe at any time.
As part of the Entertainment Staff the Host DJ acts as both an Activity Host and a DJ, responsible for engaging our guests and creating a fun and entertaining environment. The Host DJ reports to the Entertainment Director. The Pro DJ and Musical Director will also give direction.
Your job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create an environment where guests will enjoy participating in scheduled events and parties including the night club offerings; setting up the energy for the Pro DJs.
- Engages guests with infinite amounts of energy.
- Host and participate in different events such as trivia, Hasbro The Game Show, Bingo, Deck parties and other events.
- Socialize with guests as needed, accepting requests when suitable.
- Work with Charters and Groups.
- Responsible for set-up, break-down and clean-up of equipment.
- Occasionally, assist with show watch and crowd control, as well as backstage support.
- Host weddings when needed.
- Demonstrate commitment to Carnival Service Values.
- Actively participate in assigned activities including, but not limited to trainings, drills, safety briefings, including "Port Manning", meetings and performances, as required.
- Possess a high-energy/enthusiastic attitude and approach, as well as a fun and outgoing personality is key to this position.
- Applicable experience as an emcee or host for weddings, hotels, resorts, cruise ships, and similar venues is preferred.
- Basic DJ knowledge preferred.
- Have a detailed knowledge of all kinds of music, detailed knowledge of the latest hit songs, dance numbers, and popular trends in music and nightclubs.
- Ability to read the crowd and be able to play music appropriate to the demographics and have the ability to entertain in a "show" environment.
- Strong microphone skills.
- Resume outlining previous employment, performing or related experience in PDF or Word Doc format.
- Links to demo reels that demonstrate skills as a DJ host including:
- Demonstration of microphone skills, on/off stage
- Demonstrate ability to provide high energy and fun entertainment
- Demonstrate stage personality
- Interaction with audience
- Past performances.
- If you do not have videos of past stage performances please create a video demonstrating the skills mentioned above.
- Promotional photo.
Walt Disney World Resort
Walt Disney World Resort