C - Rate Mechanic
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Fort Worth Transportation Authority
Trinity Metro has an immediate opening for a C-Rate Mechanic. The incumbent will perform preventive maintenance and minor repairs on transit buses, trucks, automobiles, and related equipment as well as assist other mechanics with more complex repairs.
- Repairs transit buses, trucks, automobiles and related equipment (excluding body/fender fabrication, repair of major body damage and painting requiring mixing paint).
- Lubricates and services all transit vehicles and equipment; uses steam machine to clean engine compartment and other areas/components as needed.
- Inspects, troubleshoots, adjusts and repairs/replaces lighting, electrical, mechanical, air conditioning components, charging, starting and other basic systems including, but not limited to, seat inserts/cushions, ad racks, interior and exterior panels not requiring fabrication, and applying touch up paint (paint not requiring mixing) on all transit vehicles.
- Replaces water pumps, generators, light bulbs, switches, tires, air system, steering components, batteries, body interior/exterior panels, seat cushions/inserts and other vehicle components; change oil, engine and transmission fluids; change oil filters.
- Removes, repairs, and installs engines, transmissions and accessory units, and all components on buses and support equipment; installs and maintains compressed natural gas (CNG) vehicles and bus fuel systems.
- Assists in rebuilding major and minor equipment components and complex vehicle
- Performs tune-ups, inframe over-hauls, and engine/transmission replacements.
- Starts buses to prepare for morning pullout; operates all transit buses, trucks and automobiles, both on and off the property, as needed; operate forklift, warehouse tug and farm tractor with attachments.
- Makes emergency road calls and repairs; drives vehicle to dealerships for offsite repairs.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections and repairs.
- Cleans own work area after each job is completed. Major cleans shop periodically to ensure safe work environment.
- Calculate and measure specifications for installing and repairing vehicle components.
- Installs accessory units and adjusts/repairs brakes as required.
One to two years experience servicing, maintaining and repairing motor vehicles, transit buses, heavy equipment, or related equipment.
A Texas Class B CDL driver's license (with air brake and passenger endorsements), or the ability to obtain one within 90 days of employment
High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
Any combination of experience, training and/or education that provides the required knowledge, abilities, and skills may substitute for the required education.