Production Manager - Printing (Portland, OR)
Posted on Nov 12, 2018 by ARC Document Solutions
Operations • Portland, Oregon
ARC Document Solutions, Inc. ( ) is a public company that provides technology and services to every phase of the building lifecycle -- from design,to build, to operating the building. ARC provides its solutions at thousands of customer locations nationwide, in our 170 worldwide service centers, and offering secure document storage in the cloud.
THESE ARE THE EXCITING THINGS YOU GET TO DO IN OUR PORTLAND, OREGON PRINT FACILITY:
Supervises and coordinates activities concerned with the production of large and small format black & white products by performing the following duties. Responsible for quality control of assigned work. Manages dispatch of drivers.
- Interfaces with customers regarding scheduling, problem-solving, job status, and general information requests. Provides other forms of customer service as required.
- Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
- Inspects machine supplies and products required for operation of the business to verify conformance to specifications. Directs setup and adjustments of machines.
- Confers with management to establish production and quality control standards and procedures. Develops budget and cost controls to improve cost-effectiveness. Obtains data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered.
- Coordinates production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment. Develops quality standards and creates, implements, evaluates, and modifies inspection criteria and procedures with Document Control and Color department coordinators and branch managers.
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, and operating or production problems.
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems, improve product quality and workflow.
- Revises production schedules and clarifies priorities as a result of equipment failure or operating problems.
- Coordinates shift transition.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials.
- Monitors, records, and reports inventory.
AND YOU GET TO SUPERVISE A TEAM!
- Directly supervises 1 to 15 employees in the assigned departments.
- Provides training of employees, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Communicates company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Interprets specifications and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Performs any of the activities of workers supervised when necessary.
At least 2 years of Print Production
Project management background