Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Savage Services
Job ID 2
Employment Type Regular Full-Time
Category Administrative - Finance
Savage Enterprises is currently hiring for an Accounts Receivable/Collections Clerk to join our Core Services group in Midvale, UT. In this fast-paced position, you are the link between revenue generation and receipt of cash. We are customer facing, critical to the maintenance and strengthening of our customer relationships. Our primary goal is to facilitate clear communication, guaranteeing we and our customers are working off the same information.
Our ownership starts at the point of revenue recognition, ensuring processes are well thought-out and produce the highest quality outputs for our customers to act on. On a daily basis we review aging, providing clarity of focus, understand customer needs, and bring the right people together to make things happen.
This position is an incubator for talent within our department and the entire organization. We continuously cross-train, teaching team members new skills. We are creating leaders.
- Input and validate daily operational and financial information
- Accounts Receivable Processing
- Invoicing, revenue corrections, code revenue, manage customers, etc.
- Aging Management
- Review aging, create reports, contact customers, document actions, etc.
- Interact with various customer portals and proprietary systems
- Support operations in cleaning up aging and improving processes
- Act as a flex resource for all revenue and aging related opportunities
- Adhere to all Business Process Standard Operating Procedures
- Assist in the development of efficient business processes
- Monitor and reinforce accounting processes and internal controls
- Interface with teams that are functionally and geographically diverse
- Work closely, possibly interchange responsibilities, with the Business Process Clerk position
- Responsibilities are not all inclusive and may change based on the need of the company
- Strong Computer Proficiency (Required)
- Windows File Explorer (Files) - download, manipulate, organize, store, managing, etc.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, etc.)
- Excel Requirements- ability to filter, sort and format
- Web browsers
- Ability to learn new software quickly
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and organization
- Ability to work within a team
- Must be able to ask productive questions and work with people to solve problems
- Time management skills (Ability to prioritize, be proactive, etc.)
- Professional in appearance and demeanor at all times
- Undergraduate degree (Preferred)
- 2 years professional work experience
- This role is located in an office-setting where sitting and/or standing for long periods of time are required
With more than 70 years' experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right , Train Right and Treat Right , and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
Email resumes to