Repair Project Coordinator
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Nikkiso Cryo Inc.
Nikkiso Cryo, Inc., is one of the worlds foremost suppliers of submerged motor liquefied gas pumps. We offer unmatched reliability, quality and safety. As part of the Nikkiso Company global organization, our original technologies provide our customers with the confidence in knowing they are receiving the latest technology and the highest standards of engineering available.
We are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada and we offer a full range of submerged pumps for LNG, LPG, LEG, LN2, liquid propylene and many other liquefied gases. With design, production and test facilities in both the United States and Japan, sales offices in Las Vegas, Houston, London and Tokyo, Nikkiso Cryo offers prompt and full support for all of our customers worldwide. For more information please visit .
Working within the Aftermarket Sales Department and reporting to the Manager, Aftermarket Sales, the Repair Project Coordinator is responsible for coordinating in-house pump repairs. The Repair Project Coordinator ensures project scope is established and resources are properly allocated so that complete customer satisfaction is achieved, and pump repairs are met within budget in a timely manner.. Requirements:
• Coordinates project activities as assigned with focus on managing schedule, budget, risks and their mitigations
• Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates assigned repair work; monitors work to ensure on-time release and delivery
• Understands cost accounting and risk/opportunity management
• Initiates job setup and execution in ERP system
• Requires regular contact with assigned project clients and equipment vendors to ensure on-time execution and meet company master schedule
• Participates in Client/Contractor meetings and resolves project management issues
• Implements and tracks project budgets and schedules
• Effectively applies NCI methodology and enforces project standards
• Work effectively with other departments to meet cost and schedule requirements for on-time delivery
• Other duties as assigned including Spare Parts Project Coordination
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
• Experience managing and executing multiple $1M+ projects with minimal oversight
• Must possess exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• ERP experience (Aptean Encompix preferred)
• Knowledge of pump design fundamentals preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, with an emphasis in Excel and MS Project
• Must possess customer relations, management and negotiation skills
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- In order to perform the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls
- Lifting up to 25 pounds may be required
- Overtime may be necessary as the workload dictates. This may include week days, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Job will generally be performed in an office environment, but may require travel to a Client's office, production facility or industrial/construction job site. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply
- A valid drivers license is required for travel between the NCI facility locations
Environmental Safety Requirements
• New Employee Safety Training is required of all newly hired employees, including Safety Awareness
• All safety related training is provided and tracked by the EHS Director
• Job specific training modules deemed necessary by employees Manager or Director will be required of all employees on an ongoing basis
Employees are required to wear Nikkiso provided PPE as/when needed. PPEs include, safety shoes, safety glasses, face shields, FR clothing, cryogenic gloves, cryogenic apron, cut resistant gloves, safety gloves, hearing protection, hard hats & dust masks. Failure to comply with Nikkiso Cryo safety requirements will result in disciplinary actions, up to and including termination.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the employer will provide reasonable accommodations to meet the work environmental and physical demands listed above.
Experience and Education
• 2+ years in a Project Management position or equivalent is preferred
• Bachelors degree is preferred
• PMP Certification preferred
• Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be accepted
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above are typically acquired through the levels of education and experience listed. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience that provides an applicant with the listed knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job, may be accepted.