Garage Door Apprentice-DAL
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by A1 Garage Door Service LLC
A1 Garage Door Service, the industry leader in garage door installation and repair, is seeking great people to become a Garage Door Apprentice to join our growing family-oriented organization.
The Garage Door Apprentice is responsible for assisting and learning the installation & repairs of residential and custom garage doors. We are looking for driven and self-motivated individuals seeking a trade they can grow in to a career. The right candidate will be mechanically and technically inclined and possesses the interpersonal skills to thrive in this customer service focused position.
- To the right Garage Door Apprentice, we offer:
- Health, dental, life, and Vision insurance
- Company vehicle and tablet
- Paid training
- Administrative support and helpful management/technical assistance as necessary
- Highly competitive career Path
The apprentice position consists of learning in the classroom along with 3 months of in the field training with one of our senior installers. Upon completion of your apprenticeship, you would be place on the schedule as a full time junior installer.
A family owned and operated business, A1 Garage Door Service has maintained a stellar reputation as the foremost garage door specialists in the industry. We proudly uphold an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, 5 stars on Yelp, and have been an Angie's List Super Service Award recipient five times. We are proud to operate multiple locations throughout the United States with continued plans for growth. We carry all the best, high quality products from the top garage door brands. For more about us, please visit .
A1 Garage Door Services is an equal opportunity employer
Background Check Statement:
A1 Garage Door Services conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, drug screen, clean driving record, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Employment requires current eligibility to legally work in the United States. Requirements:
Duties and Responsibilities for the Garage Door Apprentice:
- Report to training manager daily for tasks
- Report to Senior Installer for field training
- Learn the A1 procedures and policies
- Familiarize yourself with A1 software and tech.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools
- Learn to inspect job sites both pre and post install
Requirements for the Garage Door Apprentice:
- Great Attitude
- Mechanical aptitude, including skill in using a variety of hand and power tools, accurately reading a tape measure, and interpreting equipment manuals
- Commitment to customer satisfaction and high-quality standards
- Ability to learn a new software and be comfortable working on a tablet
- Physically able to move items weighing 80-150 lbs. and the ability to bend, climb, reach, kneel, etc. for extended periods
Apprenticeship will last approximately 3 months. During this time you will receive $15 per hour depending on experience. Upon completion of the program you will graduate to a Installer and or a Sales and Service Technician . Installers are paid commission and piece work per job and average between $1000-$2000 a week.