Sales and Service Technician
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by A1 Garage Door Service LLC
A1 Garage Door Service,
The industry leader is garage door installation and repair seeks an ambitious Sales and Service Technician to join our growing family-oriented organization.
The Sales and Service Technician is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain customers' garage doors and will sell, quote, and take payment on our products and services. This pivotal, performance driven position helps us maintain 100% customer satisfaction and generate revenue.
The right candidate will be mechanically and technically inclined, have an astute business acumen, and possesses the interpersonal skills to thrive in this sales/customer service focused position. There is no limit on the earning potential of this position. This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated sales professional interested in joining our hands-on industry.
To the right Sales and Service Technician, we offer:
- Health, Dental, Life, and Vision Insurance
- Company vehicle and tablet
- Paid training
- Administrative support and helpful management/technical assistance as necessary
For the Sales and Service Technician a mechanical aptitude is required to be successful, we are willing to train candidates on our industry and will provide an extensive training course in Tempe, AZ upon hire, which will give you skills for a lifetime of employment and a great career opportunity.
Duties and Responsibilities for the Sales and Service Technician:
- Respond to work assignments and tasks as directed by Manager/Call Center
- Review Work Order information for accuracy and completeness
- Maintain payment logs and collect payment per company procedures
- Pick-up weekly inventory and ensure truck is (re)stocked with appropriate service material, including tools
- Inspect garage/entry doors, openers and related components; diagnose problems; replace or repair parts; test and make adjustments; and document all recommended and completed repairs per company policy
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision
- Data entry within company software
Requirements for the Sales and Service Technician:
- MUST HAVE 1+ years Experience in the Garage Door Industry
- Selling high-end products to home-owners in a competitive marketplace
- Mechanical aptitude, including skill in using a variety of hand and power tools, accurately reading a tape measure, and interpreting equipment manuals
- Available/on-call for emergency repairs (rotating schedule)
- Strong computer skills, be able to quickly learn new software and be comfortable working on a tablet
- Physically able to move items weighing 80-100 lbs. and the ability to bend, climb, reach, kneel, etc. for extended periods
- Prior professional experience working in the garage door industry
Background Check Statement
A1 Garage Door Services conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, drug screen, clean driving record, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Employment requires current eligibility to legally work in the United States.