Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
THE SHORT STORY
Mid-sized scientific & tech organization with an opportunity for a Staff Accountant with 4+ years experience and preferably CPA. Experience with Peoplesoft Financials and / or Hyperion is a huge plus. The ability to look at and help improve workflow and processes is highly desirable.
THE LONG STORY
What gets you up in the morning? Out of school, it was your first real job and soaking up as much as you could. A quick learner, you mastered the basics and were ahead of schedule as far as your progression. Made some observations and helped your firm do things better and quicker. Put in the effort to make sure things were done right and on time. A team player; it wasnt just about you. Went from rookie to franchise player in a few years, earning a stellar reputation along the way.
But lately youve noticed that you dont have the same spark or passion as before. Maybe youve hit the limits of what your current role has to offer, or maybe focus has shifted to more of an operations mentality.
Whatever the case, youre thinking its time to look at something better.
WHAT IT IS
Our client is a well-known and long-established firm in the scientific / tech sector. They continue to evolve and meet the needs of the information economy and are looking for an experienced Staff Accountant to join their team.
Core responsibilities are what you would expect, and more:
* Monthly financial statement closings and related financial reporting
* Making sure accounting subsystems are posted to the general ledger
* Overseeing maintenance and updating of the general ledger chart of accounts
* Supervising the maintenance and creation of financial reports foe senior management
* Timely analysis and composition of balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
* Ensuring timely reconciliation of bank accounts, and performing cash flow management activities to ensure cash flow targets are met
Beyond these responsibilities, our client is looking to enhance and improve their workflow and practices, and better leverage the tools in their environment. This is where the magic happens, where you can leverage your background and help contribute to a world class accounting and finance organization. Plus, as you prove yourself, there are special projects that come up where your expertise can be put to use.
WHAT IT TAKES
Theres a combination of skills, experience, and aptitudes that will make a person successful in this role:
* Four (4) or more years in the role of Accountant, with experience in month end closing, ledger maintenance / management, reconciliations, etc. as noted above.
* Experience and aptitude working with enterprise software systems for accounting. Peoplesoft is really needed, and Hyperion is a plus. .
* Related, familiarity with other software and a knack for creating reports and leveraging tools is a plus.
* Work habits that reflect taking ownership of your responsibilities, and getting things done without being micro managed, yet knowing when to ask for insight
* Dedication to the profession and continual growth / improvement as evidenced by earning or working towards CPA designation.
* A sense of curiosity and an eye towards constant improvement.
* Ability to rapidly develop positive working relationships with a variety of people, both inside and outside of the department and organization.
WHY THIS ONE:
A quick search of Indeed shows 42 Staff Accountant jobs in central Ohio. So, why look into this one?
* Opportunity to help evolve an accounting and finance organization.
* Excellent work / life balance. This is a place where people go to work and stay for years.
* Easily accessible location and great office environment, including subsidized cafeteria and no-cost parking for associates.
* Opportunity to work with stellar individuals. Everyone has a dedication to getting it right.
* Strong benefits package including generous vacation, holidays, and sick time.
Sound like something of interest? Let us know by responding to this ad, and well set up time to talk.