Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
This position will be responsible for supporting production in a manufacturing facility. Responsibilities include preventative maintenance, optimizing mold performance, tooling modifications, and repair and troubleshooting of molds with engineering / processing engineering support.
* Experience with medium to large molds, fitting, polishing, and various processes to optimize the molding function.
* Perform standard molding process audits.
* Develop plans for improvements in the areas of cost, quality, process, safety and service to internal and external customers.
* Responsible for all engineering functions including managing the Tool Room.
* Work inter-departmentally to ensure production priorities are met.
* Responsible for leading all product / machine / tooling projects.
* Assist with molds for production, mold maintenance, refurbishment, and improvement projects.
* New mold design and development.
* BS in Engineering.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in mold making or tool molding.
* Understanding of CNC cutting processes.
* Project management skills.
* Ability to read blueprints.
* APQP experience.