Production Machining Manager
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
* Read and understand blue prints
* Have a heavy emphasis on CNC Milling, CNC Turing and Swiss programming and setup
* Knowledge and understanding of Brown and Sharpe and Gun drill machines
* Must have a working knowledge of GDT
* Interact as a liaison between Design engineering, Manufacturing engineering and the production floor.
* Assist in the set up and operation of Brown and Sharpe, Gun Drill, CNC Milling machines, CNC lathes and Swiss Machines using correct feeds and speeds while following standard operating procedures to produce good pieces within quality control limits per print.
* When necessary, physically show setup personnel and operators proper methods.
* Works under the general direction of the Director of operation with minimum supervision.
* Must be able to make changes to machine offsets and/or perform minor program editing to maintain dimensional accuracy.
* Responsible to assist with program management.
* Properly document required information on work orders.
* Visually inspects parts for defects at prescribed intervals.
* To periodically make all required quality checks.
* Read and understand written work instructions.
* Instruct others on the setup and operation of the machine.
* Participates in team meetings and works well with team members. Actively participates in continuous improvement activities to assist team in meeting goals related to quality, cost, delivery, safety and morale.
* Learn and employ basic computer skills used to complete work orders
* Experience reading blue prints and using precision gauging equipment, such as micrometers and calipers.
* Lead and coach setup personnel and operators.
* Foster a process based method of consistent setup and operation between setup personnel, operators and shifts.
* Conducts 100% visual inspection of lots as needed.
* Conducts 100% pin gauging of lots as needed.
* Ensures product quality to meet or exceed specifications.
* Maintains good housekeeping at all times in their assigned work areas.
* Develops skills to a point that will enable setup and operators to produce quality parts at an acceptable production levels.
* Participates in operator training programs as a trainee or the trainer
* Works in other departments to help meet customer commitments which may include inspecting or sorting product, assists in keeping machines running or other activities.
* Reads prints to develop best possible methods of production utilizing existing machines.
* Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization.
* Utilize computer to find latest revision of procedures and work instructions.
* Identifies, contains, and follows all non-conformance procedures if a defective condition is found.
* Observes all safety regulations in all duties.
* Performs other duties as required.
* High school diploma or GED.
* Must have 5+ years of experience in a machine based manufacturing facility.
* Must have working knowledge of CNC Lathes, CNC Mills and Swiss turning machines.