Office Manager - Land Development
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
* Provide direction to design staff and will provide overall project design, coordination and oversight.
* Recruit, develop and retain staff to support the companys strategic growth plan.
* Execute projects to exceed client expectations for quality, schedule and budget.
* Oversee and drive all technical and design aspects or projects.
* Work closely with Sr. Management to expand the companys footprint in the region.
* Identify business development opportunities and directs the implementation of the long-term strategic plan for the office.
* Maximize project profitability and meets billable targets.
* Plan, coordinate, communicate and facilitate activities of multiple disciplines on projects of all sizes from conception through completion.
* Ensure successful completion of projects through collaboration and coordinating with internal and external clients.
* Participate in the proposal development process and contract negotiations.
* Participate in leadership development programs providing a unique opportunity to make a broad and significant contribution to BL while advancing their leadership skills.
We are urgently seeking a Maryland licensed Professional Engineer with minimum of 10 years experience, a strong background in land development preferably with PG County involvement who is ready to run their own office. This individual will be opening a new office as the Office Manager for a mid-Atlantic based Civil Engineering firm with seven (7) offices, over 250 employees and doing in excess of $25 million annually. The successful candidate will be on the fast track in that they will be eligible for partner and stock ownership within two to three years.
Expanding engineering firm in diversified markets with a focus on land development engineering, design, construction management, water resources, environmental services, water & wastewater, and surveying services. Serving clients, valuing and supporting employees, and actively participating in the communities, are key to the continual development and growth of this firm. They are passionate about the work they do and making the communities a better place. Success depends on hiring, developing and retaining the best candidates with right skill sets.
* Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering
* 10+ years of relevant experience (Land Development Design)
* Maryland Professional Engineer Registration required
* Detail oriented
* Hands on design experience
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to manage projects
* Ability to communicate successfully with the client and staff
* Excellent relationships with DPIE, MNCPPC & WSSC a must.
* Technically, this applicant must be able to lead multiple civil engineering design teams and demonstrate proficiency with appropriate hydraulic software, Civil 3D and the production of typical work product for major subdivisions, mixed use projects, industrial, retail and commercial developments.