Senior Traffic Engineer
Posted on Nov 20, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
* Preparation of signing and pavement markings, traffic signal design, maintenance of traffic, lighting and ITS reports, plans, specifications, and estimates based on project analyses and assessments.
* Coordination and attendance at project meetings with clients, public officials, engineers, planners, and transportation system users.
* Project support in the delivery of technical and analytical services, including plan and specification preparation, data analysis, research, and utilizing GIS and other design software.
* Task and project management duties
* Supervision and mentoring of junior-level engineering and technical staff
We are seeking to fill several Traffic Design Engineer positions. The successful candidate will be part of a hands-on team dedicated to delivery of traffic engineering with a focus on signing, pavement markings and Maintenance of Traffic plans. This candidate will ensure all initiatives and processes are in conformance with the organizations established policies and objectives. The ideal candidate is an individual who is highly proactive. The candidate understands traffic operations.
* Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
* 5-15 years of progressive experience in ITS / Traffic Engineering projects is preferred
* Minumum of an EIT, PE (preferred)
* PTOE a plus
* Experience working under FLDOT, NCDOT, SCDOT, and/or VDOT is preferred
* Proficient in Microsoft Office software is required, with MicroStation or AutoCAD experience preferred
* Analytical and a decision maker
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Flexibility and technical capacity
* Organization and time management