Traffic Engineering Group Leader
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
Preparation of signing and pavement markings, traffic signal design, maintenance of traffic, lighting and ITS reports, plans, specifications, and estimates based on project analyses and assessments.
Coordination and attendance at project meetings with clients, public officials, engineers, planners, and transportation system users.
Project support in the delivery of technical and analytical services, including plan and specification preparation, data analysis, research, and utilizing GIS and other design software.
Task and project management duties
Hiring, supervising and mentoring of engineering and technical staff
Our client is seeking an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to build and lead their Florida Traffic Engineering Group. THIS OFFICE CAN BE LOCATED IN PALM BEACH, ORLANDO, DAYTONA, TAMPA OR JACKSONVILLE (PREFERABLY). The successful candidate will need to be a hands-on team leader dedicated to delivery of high quality traffic engineering with a focus on signing, pavement markings and Maintenance of Traffic plans. This candidate will ensure all initiatives and processes are in conformance with the organizations established policies and objectives. The ideal candidate is an individual who is highly proactive. The candidate must understands traffic operations. This firm is not Florida based and has 10 offices located from Virginia to Florida and the successful candidate must available to and willing to open a satellite office wherever they are located (if not in Jacksonville where they can use existing office). That office will work very closely with the firms other offices and the Corp Headquarters working on projects in all the states from Virginia to Florida.
* Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
* Registered Florida PE and/or PTOE preferred
* 10+ years of progressive experience in ITS / Traffic Engineering projects is preferred
* Experience working under FDOT preferred
* Proficient in Microsoft Office software is required, with MicroStation or AutoCAD experience preferred
* Analytical and a decision maker
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Flexibility and technical capacity
* Organization and time management
Affinity Executive Search