Global Senior Accountant
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
* Complete all month-end reporting activities according to the closing schedule in terms of both time and quality.
* Ensure that information from sub-ledgers correctly interfaces into the general ledger.
* Prepare manual journal entries that capture financial transactions and estimates not interfaced directly from the sub-ledgers
* Continually improve the monthly closing process by reducing the overall time it takes to complete the process, eliminating waste in the process, and finding opportunities to improve the quality of the information
* Provide accurate and action-oriented reporting on the financial results of the organization on a monthly basis
* Perform account reconciliations according to an established cycle that clearly identifies actions to improve the effectiveness of the accounting controls, and which results in no audit adjustments at year-end
* Maintain and test internal controls relative to the financial reporting processes on a consistent basis, and take corrective actions when necessary
* Support the annual audits of the financial results and 401(k) plan by providing quality information and schedules according to aggressive deadlines
* Contribute to the environment of continual improvement by challenging the status quo, and proactively and independently driving successful change both within finance and across the organization
GLOBAL SENIOR ACCOUNTANT- CPA (WORCESTER AREA)
Our client is a global manufacturer and provider of extensive engineering support for a range of electrical industrial products. The Company supports their customers throughout the entire product development process -from the initial idea to after-sales.These products can be found in many industries, including automotive, packaging, material handling and logistics, robotics, and commercial equipment.The Company believes it is well positioned in the marketplace to achieve significant growth in the coming years. This potential growth has created a need in the Finance group to support these activities with timely reporting and analysis. Since the Company is a global organization, there are opportunities to work cross-culturally and there will be international travel involved.
The SENIOR ACCOUNTANT will focus on financial and management reporting; specifically aligning Company financial information with both U.S.GAAP and IFRS. In addition to the individuals core responsibilities there will be various projects directed at accelerating the capabilities of finance around the globe. The position will involve international travel and the potential to participate in short-term exchange programs in various parts of the world. The possibilities to fully engage and grow in a rewarding and successful organization are unlimited for people with purpose and the passion to drive for excellence.
* CPA is a MUST!
* 3-5 years of experience in Public Accounting or public/private industry
* Manufacturing experience with company revenues greater than $50M is a huge plus!
* Experienced in large ERP systems; SAP preferred
* Individual must career motivated and value the opportunity to work with a global company
Fallon Community Health Plan
Fallon Community Health Plan