Transload Operator (Night Shift)
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Savage Services
Job ID 2
Employment Type Regular Full-Time
Shift 2 weeks on, 1 week off
Category General Labor
Savage Services, a supply chain and logistics company, has an immediate opening for a Transload Operator at our Trenton Railport operation in Trenton, ND.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth!
The primary responsibility of the Transload Operator is to safely load crude from truck to tank and from tank to railcar at Savage's Bakken Petroleum Rail Services Hub in Trenton, North Dakota.
Please read on for additional details.
- Prepare the rail tank cars for loading; including a thorough inspection
- Load unit trains and manifest railcars with crude produced in North Dakota using fixed and mobile loading racks by removing tank domes, maneuvering the loading arms and operating the control panel
- Assist Crude haulers with unloading their trucks and safely transloading their load into Savage's holding tank system, by hooking up hoses, checking for leaks and operating the control panel
- Ensure receiving and shipping paperwork is neat, accurate and verified
- General Maintenance ("bolt on -bolt off") as well as cleaning, housekeeping and snow removal
- Look to expand the role into rail switching and/or locomotive operation
- Handle problems as they arise and initiate steps to resolution
- Commit to Safe work practices through situational awareness, following standard operating procedures, receiving constructive criticism and watching out for the health and wellness of others
- Partner with the maintenance team to ensure the facility operates smoothly
- Monitor pipeline movements/deliveries
- A sound understanding or aptitude to learn the transloading of liquid commodities including hazardous materials
- Understands, or willing to learn, railroad operations and safety
- Mechanically Inclined
- Basic computer skills
- Can work independently with minimal supervision
- Committed to working safely at all times including a commitment to the policies and procedures of the operation
- Positive attitude and a good team member
- Must be able to attend and pass all test associated with job related coursework. This includes, but it not limited to: OSHA, HazMat and FRA Willing to reliably fulfill the following work schedule: 14 days on 7 days off. Day Shift 5am-5pm or Night Shift 5pm-5am
- A high school diploma
- Experience in the oil field or other industrial environment preferred
- Some experience in a rail environment a plus
- Must pass a pre-employment physical, reference checks, drug screen, motor-vehicle report and criminal background check
- Able to routinely lift 50-lbs and swing a 10-lbs sledge hammer
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions: extreme wind, snow, rain, heat and cold
- Comfortable be able to complete the physical aspects of the job including opening and closing railcars dome lids, climb railcars (heights), crawl under railcars, walk long distances on uneven terrain, etc.
With more than 70 years' experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right , Train Right and Treat Right , and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.