Staff Accountant - Tukwila | Seattle, WA
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by Wilbur-Ellis
Do you have a bachelor's degree in Accounting and 2+ years of accounting experience? Are you, perhaps, a CPA or CMA? Do you have experience in ERP, JDE Oracle, and advanced Excel skills? Do you have strong attention to details and great organizational skill with a high level of accuracy? If so, we'd like to hear from you! We're seeking a top-notch Staff Accountant interested in the opportunity to join a solid organization and contribute directly to business success.
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Staff Accountant is responsible for establishing and maintaining a thorough understanding of Wilbur-Ellis General Ledger processes to ensure that system functionality and performance meet current and future requirements. The Staff Accountant will work closely with the branches and managers to maintain an accurate fixed assets record and sustain the company policy in capitalization and approval process. Will participate in month-end closing activities, perform ad hoc financial and operational analysis and reporting and assist in state and local tax reporting requirements.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- 2+ years Accounting experience
- CPA or CMA preferred
- In-depth knowledge of Accounting principles and practices
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving, and the ability to handle multiple responsibilities effectively
- Highly motivated, organized, detail oriented, and a team player
- Excellent communication skills in working with resources from varying levels within the organization
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel and other database tools
- Solid experience using ERP and Financial Analytics systems
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Highly motivated, organized, and detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills including ability to document
- Team orientation and attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be customer service oriented
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Prepare all necessary entries to record fixed asset transactions, including additions, transfers and disposals
- Review supporting documentation to ensure assets are being capitalized or expensed in accordance with GAAP and with Company established capitalization policy
- Process depreciation monthly and ensure Fixed Asset System data integrity
- Reconcile Fixed Asset accounts, accumulated depreciation and depreciation expense balances to GL
- Monitor and reconcile CIP accounts to ensure timely and accurate final asset records
- Assist in the coordination and maintenance of capital request approval process
- Track capital requests against annual budget and prepare capital report regularly
- Review fixed asset inventories to ensure accurate and current asset records
- Assist in compiling quarterly and annual fixed asset data requests
- Knowledge expert on state and local fixed asset taxability (i.e. sales & use taxes)
- Assist in Property Tax reporting
- Assist in State Tax reporting
- Assist in tax audits by providing research and backup support
- Prepare journal entries for intercompany transactions and reconcile intercompany accounts
- Review and process monthly upload of ProCard transactions to ensure accurate reporting
- Assist in maintaining ProCard audit program (sales and use taxes, fraud, duplicate payments, etc.)
- Participate in month-end closing activities and prepare for GL reconciliations
- Maintain supporting documentation for audits and prepare year-end audit schedules
- Perform ad hoc financial and operational analysis and reporting
- Document processes and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Some travel required - up to 3 weeks per year
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Comprehensive employee health and retirement benefit offerings
If you are a current Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry's best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.