Software Engineer 1 - C#
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Henry Schein
Why our company is a great place to work ...
Join a Fortune 300(R) company in the growing healthcare industry and work for their largest technology division. Henry Schein Practice Solutions, a subsidiary of New York-based Henry Schein, Inc., develops practice management software and electronic services that help dental practices run their businesses. Our solutions lead the market in technology advances and market share, and include product leaders such as Dentrix, Dentrix Enterprise, and Dentrix Ascend (cloud-based). Our customers include many of the dental industries' highest profile constituents, including the U.S. Department of Defense.
Based in American Fork, Utah, Henry Schein Practice Solutions is committed to providing our team members with the tools, training, and technology they need to excel in their roles. Our dedication to giving back to our community is illustrated in the state-of-the-art, volunteer-staffed dental center located on the first floor of our building, which provides free dental care to those in need.
Our parent company, Henry Schein, Inc. is the world's largest provider of health care products and services to office-based dental, medical, and animal health practitioners. A Fortune 300(R) Company and a member of the S&P 500(R) and NASDAQ 100(R) Indices, Henry Schein employs over 22,000 Team Schein Members throughout the world and serves more than one million customers. The Company's sales reached a record $12.5 billion in 2017. Henry Schein has also been recognized by Ethisphere for six consecutive years as the "World's Most Ethical Company" in the Healthcare Products category, underscoring the company's longstanding commitment to leading ethical business standards and practices.
This position is responsible for performing basic programming tasks for the maintenance and enhancement of a new or existing product. Leverage a basic understanding of the business domain and existing frameworks for the success of development projects.
Design and code moderately complex solutions that meet business requirements on schedule and within budget
- Establish a high level of code quality by writing unit tests, participating in code reviews, reducing cyclomatic complexity, removing code duplication, and debugging software modules
- Assist user documentation and technical support by assembling and providing concise and accurate information in regards to software functionality
- Implement code that follows established standards and demonstrates a basic understanding of user interface design patterns, object oriented design, database management systems, database design, database access, memory management, design patterns, test automation, continuous integration/deployment, and versioning
- Modify existing user interfaces by leveraging a basic understanding of user experience design
- Attend all meetings necessary for the seamless delivery of the product as part of the Software Development Life Cycle
Typically2 to 4 years of related professional experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
Basic understanding of industry practices
General proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures
Basic planning/organizational skills and techniques
Good decision making, analysis and problem solving skills
Good verbal and written communication skills
Basic presentation and public speaking skills
Basic interpersonal skills
Developing professional credibility
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Basic knowledge of application design patterns
- Basic ability to remain current on new technology within the software industry
- Good ability to implement code derived from technical specifications
- Basic ability to problem solve/diagnose in a technical space
- Good knowledge of an applicable programming language
Basic knowledge of data storage formats, tools, and languages
- Ability to keep skills current with changing industry demands as identified by the department training site
Full-Time Benefits Available:
- Earn generous PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Earn 7 Paid holidays
- Get evenings and weekends off!
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with competitive company match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, AD&D
- Lunch delivered daily from local restaurants for purchase
- Onsite gym with personal trainer options
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: .
CC:(see application details)00.2815.0767