Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer 1 - eServices
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Henry Schein
Why our company is a great place to work ...
Join a Fortune 300(R) company in the growing healthcare industry and work for their largest technology division. Henry Schein Practice Solutions, a subsidiary of New York-based Henry Schein, Inc., develops practice management software and electronic services that help dental practices run their businesses. Our solutions lead the market in technology advances and market share, and include product leaders such as Dentrix, Dentrix Enterprise, and Dentrix Ascend (cloud-based). Our customers include many of the dental industries' highest profile constituents, including the U.S. Department of Defense.
Based in American Fork, Utah, Henry Schein Practice Solutions is committed to providing our team members with the tools, training, and technology they need to excel in their roles. Our dedication to giving back to our community is illustrated in the state-of-the-art, volunteer-staffed dental center located on the first floor of our building, which provides free dental care to those in need.
Our parent company, Henry Schein, Inc. is the world's largest provider of health care products and services to office-based dental, medical, and animal health practitioners. A Fortune 300(R) Company and a member of the S&P 500(R) and NASDAQ 100(R) Indices, Henry Schein employs over 22,000 Team Schein Members throughout the world and serves more than one million customers. The Company's sales reached a record $12.5 billion in 2017. Henry Schein has also been recognized by Ethisphere for six consecutive years as the "World's Most Ethical Company" in the Healthcare Products category, underscoring the company's longstanding commitment to leading ethical business standards and practices.
This position is responsible for performing advanced quality assurance tasks on a new or existing product and documenting defects found. Leverage a good understanding of the business domain and customer needs for the success of development projects.
- Mentor more junior quality assurance engineers in regard to best practices with a good ability to explain technical concepts in written and verbal forms
- Establish a high level of code quality by executing test cases at the acceptance testing level as part of the functional testing or regression testing of the product
- Record defects found and provide sufficient information for the resolution of those defects
- Document in the test management software: test cases, test suites, and test plans designed for functional and regression testing of the product
- Improve testing efficiency by demonstrating a basic ability to automate test cases
- Provide assistance with product betas and releases with a basic ability to perform risk analysis
- Assist team members, product management, and technical support in identifying and resolving customer issues and product defects
- Assist user documentation and technical support by assembling and providing concise and accurate information in regards to software functionality
- Provide task decomposition, documentation and estimates in accordance with a moderateunderstanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Maintain an proficient knowledge and stay current with trends associated with software testing and quality assurance
- Attend all meetings necessary for the seamless delivery of the product as part of the Software Development Life Cycle
Typically 5 to 7 or more years of increasing responsibility in terms of any applicable professional experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline. Master's degree or global equivalent a plus. May hold one or more industry certifications; professional certification may be required to advance.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Strong understanding of industry practices
- High proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures
- Good planning/organizational skills and techniques
- Good decision making, analysis and problem solving skills with ability to multi-task
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good presentation and public speaking skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good conflict resolution skills and ability to deliver difficult messages
- Ability to build partnerships at all levels within the company, begin to build partnerships externally
- Resolve complex issues in effective ways
- Good ability to derive and design tests from general product requirements
- Advanced knowledge of test cases, test plans, and test suites
- Advanced ability to remain current on new quality assurance processes within the software industry
- Advanced ability to interpret and execute test cases stored in applicable test management software
- Advanced ability to problem solve/diagnose in a technical space
- Good technical knowledge of broad business areas
- Advanced knowledge of applicable issue tracking tools
- Good understanding of black-box testing: equivalence partitioning, boundary value analysis, decision tables, and state transitions
- Basic understanding of white-box testing: statement testing, and decision testing
- Basic knowledge of test automation, component testing, integration testing, and system testing
- Ability to keep skills current with changing industry demands as identified
- Earn generous PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Earn 7 Paid holidays
- Get evenings and weekends off!
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with competitive company match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, AD&D
- Lunch delivered daily from local restaurants for purchase
- Onsite gym with personal trainer options
CC:(see application details)00.2815.0767