Enterprise Support Engineer II
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Henry Schein
Why our company is a great place to work ...
Join a Fortune 300(R) company in the growing healthcare industry and work for their largest technology division. Henry Schein Practice Solutions, a subsidiary of New York-based Henry Schein, Inc., develops practice management software and electronic services that help dental practices run their businesses. Our solutions lead the market in technology advances and market share, and include product leaders such as Dentrix, Dentrix Enterprise, and Dentrix Ascend (cloud-based). Our customers include many of the dental industries' highest profile constituents, including the U.S. Department of Defense.
Based in American Fork, Utah, Henry Schein Practice Solutions is committed to providing our team members with the tools, training, and technology they need to excel in their roles. Our dedication to giving back to our community is illustrated in the state-of-the-art, volunteer-staffed dental center located on the first floor of our building, which provides free dental care to those in need.
Our parent company, Henry Schein, Inc. is the world's largest provider of health care products and services to office-based dental, medical, and animal health practitioners. A Fortune 300(R) Company and a member of the S&P 500(R) and NASDAQ 100(R) Indices, Henry Schein employs over 22,000 Team Schein Members throughout the world and serves more than one million customers. The Company's sales reached a record $12.5 billion in 2017. Henry Schein has also been recognized by Ethisphere for six consecutive years as the "World's Most Ethical Company" in the Healthcare Products category, underscoring the company's longstanding commitment to leading ethical business standards and practices.
This position is responsible to work closely with the Supportability and Development teams by reporting, managing, and monitoring product defects, as well as attending necessary meetings and acting as the voice of the customer and internal support groups.
o Document in TFS all product defects found in the product line assigned with steps to duplicate, an appropriate ranking, and assigned to the proper development team members.
o Monitor and update the status of product defects in TFS.
o Submit and edit knowledgebase articles on a regular basis to update customer and team member education.
o Attend supportability meetings, acting as the voice of the customer and internal support technicians.
o Test or run any fix/utility made available to resolve database or product issues.
- Serve as a source of knowledge for TSMs looking for guidance in assisting our customers:
- Plan and lead weekly mentor/resource meetings.
- Support the mentors/resources as they assist support technicians.
- Serve as a mentor/resource, when needed, by assisting support technicians on calls.
- Participate in any Beta process of products that fall under the assigned product line.
- Document all Beta customer related conversations, steps, action taken, as well as results and resolutions obtained throughout each call.
- Answer questions from mentors/resources and support technicians regarding information on the reported product defects, workarounds, and new features, and products in Beta.
- Submit and edit knowledgebase articles pertaining to Beta products to ensure information is available to the team when the product is released.
- Ensure all support technicians are properly trained and ready to support each new product prior to its release.
Typically 3 to 5 or more years of increasing responsibility in terms of any applicable professional experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Understanding of Citrix, SQL, and Enterprise solutions preferred.
- Earn generous PTO
- Earn 7 Paid holidays
- Get evenings and weekends off!
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with competitive company match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, AD&D
- Lunch delivered daily from local restaurants for purchase
- Onsite gym with personal trainer options
CC:(see application details)00.2815.0767