IT Support, Software Support/: Digital Imaging Support Tech I
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Henry Schein
Why our company is a great place to work ...
Join a Fortune 300(R) company in the growing healthcare industry and work for their largest technology division. Henry Schein Practice Solutions, a subsidiary of New York-based Henry Schein, Inc., develops practice management software and electronic services that help dental practices run their businesses. Our solutions lead the market in technology advances and market share, and include product leaders such as Dentrix, Dentrix Enterprise, and Dentrix Ascend (cloud-based). Our customers include many of the dental industries' highest profile constituents, including the U.S. Department of Defense.
Our parent company, Henry Schein, Inc. is the world's largest provider of health care products and services to office-based dental, medical, and animal health practitioners. A Fortune 300(R) Company and a member of the S&P 500(R) and NASDAQ 100(R) Indices, Henry Schein employs over 22,000 Team Schein Members throughout the world and serves more than one million customers. The Company's sales reached a record $12.5 billion in 2017. Henry Schein has also been recognized by Ethisphere for six consecutive years as the "World's Most Ethical Company" in the Healthcare Products category, underscoring the company's longstanding commitment to leading ethical business standards and practices.
This position is responsible for providing basic, first line, technical support of IT related products and services, and healthcare related, digital imaging products and services for customers, field technicians, and field reps.
- Initiate, handle, and resolve phone calls, emails, voicemail, chat, web forms, and in person requests from our customers, field technicians, and field reps regarding IT and digital imaging support issues. Escalate issues when applicable.
- Provide at least a basic level of installation, setup, maintenance, and troubleshooting support for multiple digital imaging products and services used in healthcare along with a wide range of IT related products and services. Provide some end-user "how-to" support of these products.
- Provide professional communication, both written and verbal.
- Document all service request information into internal database systems according to stringent guidelines and procedures.
- Participate in company meetings and trainings.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as required.
Typically 4 or more years of related experience.
Typically High School education, vocational training and/or on-the-job training. Bachelor's degree preferred.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Basic level of technical knowledge and skills with installation, setup, maintenance, and troubleshooting support services of IT related products including but not limited to:
- Hardware for desktops, laptops, and tablets
- Hardware for small business servers
- Microsoft's currently supported Windows desktop and server operating systems.
- Small business switches, routers, firewalls, and access points
- Peripherals, printers, scanners, displays, and interface devices
- Small business data backup systems, software, and media
- Business productivity software, email, web browsing, security software
- Miscellaneous devices, cabling, memory, storage, add-on components
- Domain, user accounts, software accounts
- Network connectivity and wireless access issues
- Update and patch deployment, virus removal, malicious software removal
- Healthcare related digital technologies, devices, and software preferred
- Basic level of technical knowledge and skills with installation, setup, maintenance, and troubleshooting support services of healthcare related systems, devices, and software including but not limited to: digital X-ray, CAD/CAM, 3D printing, milling systems, scanning devices, cameras, imaging software, and other digital imaging products and software, preferred.
- Strong reading, writing, and typing skills. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Experience with handling multiple phone calls and emails daily. Strong customer service skills and experience.
- Experience with using standard office equipment, business productivity software such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, ticketing databases, CRM databases, remote access software, and call center phone systems is typical.
- Earn generous PTO
- Earn 7 Paid holidays
- Get evenings and weekends off!
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with competitive company match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, AD&D
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: .
CC:(see application details)01