Sr Information Security Engineer II
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Henry Schein
Why our company is a great place to work ...
Join a Fortune 300(R) company in the growing healthcare industry and work for their largest technology division. Henry Schein Practice Solutions, a subsidiary of New York-based Henry Schein, Inc., develops practice management software and electronic services that help dental practices run their businesses. Our solutions lead the market in technology advances and market share, and include product leaders such as Dentrix, Dentrix Enterprise, and Dentrix Ascend (cloud-based). Our customers include many of the dental industries' highest profile constituents, including the U.S. Department of Defense.
Based in American Fork, Utah, Henry Schein Practice Solutions is committed to providing our team members with the tools, training, and technology they need to excel in their roles. Our dedication to giving back to our community is illustrated in the state-of-the-art, volunteer-staffed dental center located on the first floor of our building, which provides free dental care to those in need.
Our parent company, Henry Schein, Inc. is the world's largest provider of health care products and services to office-based dental, medical, and animal health practitioners. A Fortune 300(R) Company and a member of the S&P 500(R) and NASDAQ 100(R) Indices, Henry Schein employs over 20,000 Team Schein Members throughout the world and serves more than one million customers. The Company's sales reached a record $11.6 billion in 2016. Henry Schein has also been recognized by Ethisphere for six consecutive years as the "World's Most Ethical Company" in the Healthcare Products category, underscoring the company's longstanding commitment to leading ethical business standards and practices.
JOB OVERVIEW: This position is responsible for focusing on the strategy, development, implementation, and maintenance of the application security program across research, development, quality assurance, support, and IT systems. This is a high level, conceptual, as well as hands-on position that requires a great deal of general security experience, as well as application development experience and secure coding knowledge . KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mentor more junior security engineers by leading and influencing technical decisions, processes, and best practices with a moderate ability to explain technical concepts in written and verbal forms
- Advise in, and participate in, the design of secure products and architectures
- Perform architecture security reviews, security focused code reviews, and security testing
- Work closely with engineering and product teams to design and implement security-related systems and functionality, including writing secure code as necessary, and verification of threat models, risk and security posture
- Monitor software usage and perform forensics to verify that the software is performing to the required security standards
- Perform constant monitoring and awareness of key developments in the area of web and client application security in order to provide direction of security trends, and anticipate emerging standards and best practices
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction to security resources and be an influencer of development, systems, support, and quality assurance teams
- Communicate to senior management by demonstrating a moderate skill in presenting technical concepts
- Attend all meetings necessary for the seamless delivery of the product as part of the Software Development Life Cycle
Typically 6 to 8or more years of increasing responsibility in terms of any applicable professional experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline. Master's degree or global equivalent a plus. May hold one or more industry certifications .
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent understanding of industry practices
- Strong proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures
- Strong planning/organizational skills and techniques
- Strong decision making, analysis and problem solving skills with ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills and ability to deliver difficult messages
- Ability to build partnerships at all levels within the company, ability to build partnerships externally
- Good negotiating skills
- Resolve complex issues in effective ways
- Project management, consultative skills and ability to manage a budget
- Advanced knowledge of secure application programming, coding life cycles and designs
- Advanced understanding of security principles, best practices architectures, tools and processes
- Advanced knowledge of multiple current operating systems and hosting environments
- Good understanding of networking protocols
- Advanced knowledge of software and network architecture and standards
- Advanced knowledge of authentication protocol building blocks and methods
- Basic ability to understand business drivers and priorities, and integrate these requirements into overall security design
- Advanced ability to conduct threat assessments and assess risk
- Good ability to create and maintain risk-based measures and build security processes that work within various development methodologies
- Advanced ability to communicate security objectives orally and in writing to a variety of audiences
- Basic knowledge of the technological security issues and challenges faced by corporations and governments around the world
- Basic ability to project and predict outcomes based on security trends and industry requirements
- Advanced knowledge of reverse engineering techniques and tools
- Advanced ability to implement code derived from technical specifications
- Advanced ability to problem solve/diagnose in a technical space
- Advanced knowledge of all programming languages leverage in the products being secured
- Advanced knowledge of data storage formats, tools and languages
- Ability to keep skills current with changing industry demands as identified by the department training site
- Earn generous PTO
- Earn 7 Paid holidays
- Get evenings and weekends off!
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with competitive company match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, AD&D
- Lunch delivered daily from local restaurants for purchase
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: .
CC:(see application details)00.2815.0767