Systems Administrator II (Storage & Virtualization)
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Henry Schein
Join a Fortune 500(R) company in the growing healthcare industry and provide technical support for market-leading software solutions. Henry Schein Practice Solutions, a subsidiary of New York-based Henry Schein, Inc., develops practice management software and electronic services that help dental practices run their businesses. Our solutions lead the market in technology advances and market share, and include product leaders such as Dentrix, Easy Dental, Dentrix Enterprise, Dentrix Ascend (cloud-based) and Viive (Mac) and Tech Central.
Based in American Fork, Utah, Henry Schein Practice Solutions is growing and recently moved into a new building that includes an indoor gym and other desirable amenities. Our dedication to giving back to our community is illustrated in the volunteer-staffed dental center located on the first floor of the building, which provides free dental care to those in need.
Our parent company, Henry Schein, Inc. is the world's largest provider of health care products and services to office-based dental, animal health, and medical practitioners, as well as dental laboratories, government and institutional health care clinics, and other alternate care sites.
A multinational Fortune 500(R) Company and member of the S&P 500(R) and NASDAQ 100(R) Indexes, Henry Schein employs more than 21,000 Team Schein Members and serves more than one million customers. The Company's sales reached a record $11.6 billion in 2016.
Maintains, supports and administers all storage, hardware, and virtualization software used by the Company.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Performs all administration and support functions related to Company data storage, hardware and software to ensure corporate needs are met. Includes:
- Installs and maintains virtual servers.
- Trains employees on using networking hardware and software as needed.
- Ensures company backups are run on a regular basis and stored accordingly.
- Creates and distributes reports as needed.
- Makes recommendations on desirable additions and/or replacements to systems.
- Performs advanced duties required of the System Administrator II position, such as:
- Trains other IS team members
- Establishes reporting mechanisms
- Provides specific focus and support for development
- Creates department documentation
- Other duties as the position requires
- Acts as a backup for other IS team members.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including WorldWide Business Standards.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
Minimum 5 years information systems experience with a minimum 2 years experience in highly available transaction processing or hosting environments.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Experience with implementing VMWare virtualized environments on a large scale. Must be current on new technology within the information services industry. Must have good communication and customer service skills.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.
Full-Time Benefits Available:
Earn generous PTO
Earn 7 Paid holidays
Get evenings and weekends off!
Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
401K with competitive company match
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, AD&D
Lunch delivered daily from local restaurants for purchase
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
CC:(see application details)00.2815.0767