Electrical and Control Systems Engineer
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Arconic
300 South Hall RoadAlcoa, TN
At least 10 year(s)
Job Description Position Description :
Arconic has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical and Control Systems Engineer to work with Arconic's Global Rolled Products (GRP) Manufacturing, Technology and Engineering - Center of Excellence (COE). The Electrical and Control Systems Engineer will provide expert consulting service, advice, and on-site support for Arconic's GRP COE in the areas of equipment and process reliability.
The GRP CoE group is responsible for equipment reliability improvement, process improvement, equipment troubleshooting and upgrade support, automation and smart manufacturing, standard practice implementation, and major capital projects. This is a key role in the global Manufacturing, Technology and Engineering organization within the Global Rolled Products (GRP) business group of Arconic Inc. This business group has several domestic and international locations, with various manufacturing facilities the Electrical and Systems Control Engineer will support. The incumbent will be required to act with a high degree of autonomy in the performance of assignments. The home of the group and the ideal location for the incumbent is based 20 miles outside of Knoxville, TN, but the internal applicants may also choose to be based in Lancaster, PA or Davenport, IA.
- The incumbent will report into the Electrical Engineering Manager for the GRP CoE Electrical Engineering group which is responsible for the electrical aspects of equipment, control systems, process support, and capital projects globally.
- Responsibility for the deployment and enhancement of process control systems as well as optimization of process equipment for improving quality and capacity.
- Responsible for equipment design, process control systems (PCS), and operations related to manufacturing processes associated with sheet and plate processing;
- Optimization of process equipment for improving quality and capacity, and deployment and enhancement of process control systems;
- Be a self-starter with ability to determine priorities based upon specific business needs of our various GRP businesses;
- Able to work well with a broad group of cultures and cross functional teams;
- Strong leadership for both completion of development projects and successful implementation in our production facilities;
- Solve difficult equipment and process problems for all Arconic's Global Rolled Products locations;
- The position requires travel, 25-50% of the time. Some of the travel may be international with the majority being in North America.
- The position may require relocation; this will be determined on a case-by case basis. This position could be located in Knoxville, TN; Davenport, IA; or Lancaster, PA
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor's in Engineering from an accredited institution
- 10 years of Electrical Engineering or Automation systems experience in process control systems and controls theory / fundamentals;
- 10 years of experience in aluminum hot and cold rolling and plate processes and equipment;
- Experience programming / applying Rockwell and Siemens PLC's, HMI's, and drives;
- Experience of working on capital projects: project management, engineering, installation and commissioning
- Ability to work in Linux operating systems;
- 'C' programming language experience;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- 15 years' experience in aluminum or steel industry, with experience of working on rolling processes in an engineering position;
- MSEE with focus on control systems