Grill Cook - CT, Norwalk - Job
Posted on Nov 12, 2018 by Unidine
Back of House (Culinary)
Unidine was founded in 2001 with a focus on providing high quality service and an unwavering commitment to scratch food preparation. We focus wholly on providing custom culinary experiences, featuring fresh, from scratch food production with an emphasis on health & wellness. Today, our company has a national presence, yet still dedicated to delivering a unique dining experience to every one of our clients. Along the way, we have remained true to our original mission and we continue to innovate and disrupt the industry with strategic solutions.
Every member of the Unidine team is driven to deliver the highest level of service and shares a belief that our approach to fresh food is fundamentally linked to health and wellness, human interaction, and social responsibility. From this common foundation, we deliver the best food and dining management services in the industry and exceed our customers' and clients' expectations every day, which is why we are looking for the best talent in the industry.
As the Grill Cook you will have responsibility of food production and service in the kitchen operations. This position plays an integral role in food production while ensuring client and customer service. The grill station is open for two services a day and requires heavy customer interaction. Applicant must be able to take multiple short-orders while interacting with customers and ensuring a high quality product during the breakfast and lunch periods.
Essential Functions and Key Tasks :
- Prepare large quantities of food, following standardized recipes, within required production schedule and sanitation standards while focusing on quality
- Breakfast Grill, Lunch Grill and Pizza Station
- Provide exceptional customer service in order taking and delivery of the cooked dish
- Able to multi-task and prep station on your own while interacting with customers for both breakfast and lunch services
- Maintains basic food recipes, preparation, and service and storage sanitation principles
- Maintains a neat, clean, well-groomed appearance
- Dependable and able to meet schedule requirements (attendance and punctuality) with no restrictions.
Education and Experience:
- 2 years related experience and/or training in food production.
- High School degree or equivalent
- Serve Safe Certification a plus.
- Requires work in grill area with extreme heat conditions and frequent interaction with heated equipment, grease and other at-risk conditions.
- Involves repetitive motion; walking and/or standing for extended periods of time.
- Frequent lifting, pushing, and carrying.
Unidine is an Equal Opportunity Employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Number of Openings
Pepperidge Farm, Inc.
About the Organization
Many Faces. One Focus.
Unidine offers just one service: the best food and dining management in the industry. We listen closely to understand the needs, the goals and the culture of each community we serve and then apply our knowledge, expertise and creativity to develop a custom dining program to meet each client's objectives.
Unidine offers food and dining management services across three business segments: senior living culinary group, healthcare culinary group, and corporate culinary group . Select the segment that applies to you and learn more about our people, our passion, and the custom dining programs that are transforming the industry.
The Unidine Approach
The Unidine approach is unique in the food service industry. We combine a passion for fresh food and culinary excellence with caring, attentive service, cutting edge systems and seasoned management to deliver dining programs that exceed our clients' expectations, delight our customers and deliver on our financial commitments.
Fresh Thinking, Culinary Excellence!
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.