Deli Cook - MA, Bedford - Job
Posted on Nov 12, 2018 by Unidine
Back of House (Culinary)
Unidine was founded in 2001 with a focus on providing high quality service and an unwavering commitment to scratch food preparation. We focus wholly on providing custom culinary experiences, featuring fresh, from scratch food production with an emphasis on health & wellness. Today, our company has a national presence, yet still dedicated to delivering a unique dining experience to every one of our clients. Along the way, we have remained true to our original mission and we continue to innovate and disrupt the industry with strategic solutions.
Every member of the Unidine team is driven to deliver the highest level of service and shares a belief that our approach to fresh food is fundamentally linked to health and wellness, human interaction, and social responsibility. From this common foundation, we deliver the best food and dining management services in the industry and exceed our customers' and clients' expectations every day, which is why we are looking for the best talent in the industry.
The Deli Cook is responsible for the daily replenishment of the deli counter and for preparing the counter with fresh sliced cheese and deli meats during service hours. Must have previous kitchen experience and be able to make food from scratch. This candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be focused on excellent customer service.
Essential Functions and Key Tasks:
- Replenishes all cold prep throughout the day
- Make sure the customers are being taken care of and the department looks great at all times
- Operates and sanitizes all Customer Service equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Follow all established procedures for documenting errors in cashing procedures.
- Sets up, breaks down, stocks, replenishes and maintains cash register station. Assembles snacks and nourishments according to facility policy, resident food preferences, and client orders. Prepares trays with proper dishes, glasses, cups, condiments and eating utensils for meals.
- Performs all assigned side work to include replenishing condiments and restocking side stands.
- Consistently practices key sanitation procedures and policies, especially hand washing, dish washing, proper food storage and maintaining appropriate temperature of foods.
Education and Experience :
- Must have 1 year of experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task.
- This position requires excellent customer service skills.
- Must have an understanding of time sensitivity and urgency.
- Lifting twenty five (25) pounds unassisted and more with assistance; frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighting up to twenty five (25) pounds.
- Reaching, handling, seeing, standing, walking.
- Temperature changes; variations in temperature, which are sufficiently marked and abrupt to cause noticeable bodily reactions.
- Frequent lifting, pushing, and carrying.
Unidine is an Equal Opportunity Employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Number of Openings
Instrumentation Laboratory Company
About the Organization
Many Faces. One Focus.
Unidine offers just one service: the best food and dining management in the industry. We listen closely to understand the needs, the goals and the culture of each community we serve and then apply our knowledge, expertise and creativity to develop a custom dining program to meet each client's objectives.
Unidine offers food and dining management services across three business segments: senior living culinary group, healthcare culinary group, and corporate culinary group . Select the segment that applies to you and learn more about our people, our passion, and the custom dining programs that are transforming the industry.
The Unidine Approach
The Unidine approach is unique in the food service industry. We combine a passion for fresh food and culinary excellence with caring, attentive service, cutting edge systems and seasoned management to deliver dining programs that exceed our clients' expectations, delight our customers and deliver on our financial commitments.
Fresh Thinking, Culinary Excellence!
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.